Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3Ton Pinned jackstands on sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VaccaRabite
IPB Image

3 Ton Pinned Jackstands

This is a good price for solid jackstands. If you are still using ratchet style stands, I'd strongly consider buying some of these. WAY more stable. And they can't slip the pawl and collapse on you.

No affiliation, just passing on information. Stay safe under your car!

Zach
Front yard mechanic
These stands are good except for the crappy glue they use to hold the rubber pad down. I reglued mine with polyurethane caulking.
914sgofast2
Harbor Freight Tools has issued a recall for all of the older style ratcheting style jackstands which don't have a locking pin. You can get a free replacement of your old ones for the new style ratcheting ones which have a locking pin to prevent the jack stands from going down unless you first remove the pin.
dstudeba
QUOTE(914sgofast2 @ Dec 6 2023, 11:27 AM) *

Harbor Freight Tools has issued a recall for all of the older style ratcheting style jackstands which don't have a locking pin. You can get a free replacement of your old ones for the new style ratcheting ones which have a locking pin to prevent the jack stands from going down unless you first remove the pin.

THIS RECALL ONLY CONCERNS JACK STANDS WITH THE ITEMS # 56371, 61196, or 61197

3-Ton and/or 6-Ton Heavy Duty Steel Jack Stands, item numbers 56371, 61196, and 61197

For certain units of the Pittsburgh Automotive 3-Ton and 6-Ton Heavy Duty Steel Jack Stands
there is a potential, while under load and with a shift in weight, for the pawl to disengage from
the extension lifting post, allowing the stand to drop suddenly. This condition could cause
serious injury for people near or under a lifted vehicle, and/or damage to property
VaccaRabite
I've found the three leg stands to be more stable then the 4leg stands too.
Mine are the ESCO brand, and these look to be exactly the same.

I like mine so much that I got rid of all of my ratchet style stands, whether they had a pin or not.

Even with a lift, I still find myself using jackstands all the time.

Zach
PlantMan
Checkout 'Project Farms' Jack Stand Video on You Tube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6ufAL5R0mg

If you want a compressive video on the best and worst, this is a good one!
This guy does great work!
thomasotten
Thanks, but I only use ZSP Brand. biggrin.gif Only kidding!

I also am switching to the 3 leg pin style.

Jackstand Review - Project Farm
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.