Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 Engine Serial Number
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jrrobertson
I have only posted a few times on the World so forgive me if I screw this up.

For the last four years I have been attempting to restore a 1971 914-6 to as original condition as I can. The question I have today is regarding the engine serial number. According to the COA it should be 6414134. As shown in the pictures below it appears not have a serial number.

What are your thoughts on this? The original engine blew up needing a new case? I did notice that two of the connecting rods looked slightly different (all weighed the same). Could it have thrown a rod and been rebuilt with a new case using all the other original parts?

Thank you for your thoughts.

Also, anyone know where the engine numbered 6414134 is? A long shot but I thought I would ask.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
rgalla9146
To the right of your crank pulley there is a vertical surface that supports the fan
housing.
Looking from the right you may see stamped in numbers.
Just behind there, on the horizontal surface you might find a type number such as
901/-- or 911/--
IF you find numbers there it is a 911 engine.
If there are no numbers there or on the horizontal surface near the
thermostat / flyheel you have a replacement block.

Shown are correct 914 6 engine identification numbers
Cairo94507
Wow- I am looking (have been for 14 years) for 6414135 for my '71 914-6 #0372. Good luck in your search. beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.