Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wheel Restoration Referral Request
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sarivers2001
Any recommendations/referrals out there for a high-quality, reasonably priced wheel restorer in NorCal (esp. Bay Area)?

I have a set of 4 Mahle (four-lug) wheels that need a pretty thorough reconditioning, and assuming I am pleased with the work, would follow with a set 5 Fuchs (four-lug) wheels for polishing (these are in better shape than the Mahles) and perhaps a partial painting to alter their style.

Thanks in advance,
Steven
Cairo94507
One and done- Weidman's Wheels, Harvey Weidman. 1675 Wyandotte Ave., Oroville, CA 95966. 530.534.7903. The best in the business; they will be perfect. beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment
mepstein
Mahles are a cast aluminum wheel. Almost any decent wheeel shop can blast and paint. It’s very important to check roundness and true before you send for refinishing. They are very soft wheels and it’s rare to have a good set of 4-5.

Weidman wheels is the best for Fuchs, hands down.
Root_Werks
I need to have this done on my 914. After new paint, all seals, lenses and windshield, the rims now look terrible.
campbellcj
Over the years I've had Fuchs that were redone by Weidman, Al Reed and Wheel Enhancement - agree the Weidman ones were really "next level" nice but none were bad in any way. Current wheels on my car were done by Al Reed and are awfully nice too.
burton73
I have also used most of the players that are in the greater Los Angeles area, and it can take a very, very long time to get you wheels back but Fuchsrestoration.com gave me fast service. 4 to 6 weeks on several sets of forged Fuchs. I like the RS finish like shown on my 6 #41, for just blast clean and paint as Mark said, most wheel guys can do that

Best Bob B

Click to view attachment
rudedude
I had Harvey do mine recently and they are perfect. It did take close to a year to get them back.
fiacra
QUOTE(sarivers2001 @ Dec 6 2023, 12:16 PM) *

Any recommendations/referrals out there for a high-quality, reasonably priced wheel restorer in NorCal (esp. Bay Area)?

I have a set of 4 Mahle (four-lug) wheels that need a pretty thorough reconditioning, and assuming I am pleased with the work, would follow with a set 5 Fuchs (four-lug) wheels for polishing (these are in better shape than the Mahles) and perhaps a partial painting to alter their style.

Thanks in advance,
Steven

Not sure where in Northern California you are, but if you are local then go to Riteway Wire and Wheel in Walnut Creek.
Cairo94507
I will add a vote for Jose at Riteway Wheel in Walnut Creek, CA 925.933.4046, 1119 Alpine Rd. They have repaired several wheels for me over the years and have always done a great job. Mounting, balancing, they do it all. beerchug.gif
davep
I believe the Mahle, and possibly the Pedrini. 4 bolt 914/4 rims were anodized originally. I see no evidence of paint on mine except for the yellow on the Bumblebee wheels. Has anyone successfully reanodized a set?
Tabsocal
Any recommended wheel refurbishment
resources in SoCal specifically Orange County?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Dec 6 2023, 05:19 PM) *

One and done- Weidman's Wheels, Harvey Weidman. 1675 Wyandotte Ave., Oroville, CA 95966. 530.534.7903. The best in the business; they will be perfect. beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment

After having his shop and home burn to the ground in wild fires, Harvey and Al Weidman moved to Texas and retired.
roundtwo
@conedodger

fyi....Harvey up in Oroville Ca and still doing his magic. He and I have been in touch and figuring out the logics to hand off my fuchs for his rsr finish.
roundtwo
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Dec 6 2023, 12:19 PM) *

Click to view attachment

@cairo94507

Hey Michael, can you tell me your tire size and what model yokohama your running? You like the tread. actively shopping for new tread. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.