Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New friend
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rgalla9146
Forty years later...
Today I visited the owner of the first 914 I ever did a complete restoration on.
I sold the car in 1983/84 to help buy our first home,
In the following years I lost contact and knew nothing of the fate of the car.
Not long ago I was browsing on the 914 World thread 'Show us your cars' and came
across a photo of a car that look much like my old one.
I sent a PM to the poster and soon got a welcome surprise.
Yes, it was my car... and big bonus...not too far away.
In the intervening years it belonged to a well known North Jersey shop owner and
then to the fellow I met today.
It has also been treated to parts and attention from our own Chris Foley.
The car has been loved and well taken care of. And very nicely modified as well.
What a nice thing to see.
To know that the car was appreciated by a number of enthusiasst who respected
it and treated it to proper maintenance and excellent performance improvements.
Made my day.
Please excuse the pics. The early one is a pic of a print, todays was in a parking
garage.

DennisV
Great story! Nice to be able to come back around on it and see it's been appreciated.
DRPHIL914
must be Chris's flare's? those look super, nice story!

Phil
stownsen914
Cool story, Rory
infraredcalvin
Nice story, great to see them loved!
Root_Werks
Welcome back!

What a great story getting your 914 back.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
congratulations What a fun event, I have found in the past two cars I bought back after so so many years and it was exciting and disappointing as both cars were in lesser shape as when I sold them. I wound up spending a lot of time and money to bring them back and stil have them today, learning my lesson and never selling them againClick to view attachment Click to view attachment
rgalla9146
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Dec 7 2023, 10:36 AM) *

Welcome back!

What a great story getting your 914 back.

Actually, I didn't buy the car I just met the fellow who has owned it for years.
For the time forty years ago it was a very extensive restoration.
The car was completely empty and thoroughly prepared and painted.
The color is Elfinbein (very light tan) with a brown '73 interior
StarBear
Another great story. Thanks, Rory!
TargaToy
Congrats on finding your former prize in such great condition and with such nice stewardship!

I couldn't believe it when, 30 years after my dad sold it, we found and were able to buy back the very 914 I rode in with him as a small kid. Unfortunately, time and ownership had been VERY hard on the car and it was in such bad shape that I'd have been smart to pass it over, had it not been THE CAR. Lord willing, it'll ride again sooner than later. Almost all of the extensive metal work has now been completed.

But I came here to say this: I notice when you had the car, it had Euro taillights. That was the same case when my dad had his car the first time. When it came back to us...just red, US spec fixtures. And I see the same in your "today" photo.

What the heck happens to the Euro taillights over the years?!?! confused24.gif
EP914
I know a lot of history on this car and also I was the person who got it back running again after sitting for a bunch of years at my shop. If you would like anymore information on that car you can reach me at Powertech 973-586-3210. I have worked on many 914s in my 32 years in the Porsche business. I still own 2 myself. Thanks Keith Peare
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.