Full Version: the pink 914 gets some new shoes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Click to view attachment
dr914@autoatlanta.com
who hates rivieras? (wheels of course!!!!)Click to view attachment
technicalninja
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Dec 6 2023, 04:38 PM) *

That's the "reddest" shade of pink I've ever seen.

Looks NICE now!

So does the shop...

30 years ago, I would have loved to wrench in such an atmosphere!

Don't hate on rivieras!

We all have a set...

Use mine for "shop tires" to push dead 914s around.
DennisV
That's actually a great color on a 914. Thanks for sharing George.
rick 918-S
Great choice George
Cairo94507
A huge improvement; a great car. beerchug.gif
flat4guy
Love the color - painted a Sunbeam Tiger that color in the late 80s
Geezer914
What is the name of the color???
dhuckabay
I had a tiny involvement with a dealer in the 70's. Porsche offered up a PTS program for a bit less than $200/car. The GM"s wife went wild and we had 50 914's all different colors. The only one we had a hard time getting rid of was one painted Barbie pink. A few years of sitting on the front lot got the sales manager to hide it behind the shop. He dropped the price every week and upped the commission. I think it finally sold in 77 for a bit over $2000.
Root_Werks
Dang that turned out nice!
Jamie
QUOTE(dhuckabay @ Dec 7 2023, 02:44 AM) *

I had a tiny involvement with a dealer in the 70's. Porsche offered up a PTS program for a bit less than $200/car. The GM"s wife went wild and we had 50 914's all different colors. The only one we had a hard time getting rid of was one painted Barbie pink. A few years of sitting on the front lot got the sales manager to hide it behind the shop. He dropped the price every week and upped the commission. I think it finally sold in 77 for a bit over $2000.

With Barbie pink being the rage this year, consider what the sale price could have been now! confused24.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Geezer914 @ Dec 7 2023, 03:35 AM) *

What is the name of the color???

funny on the window sticker it just says "paint to sample" and costs an extra 284.00 dollars! (in todays money probably 28 thousand!!! So the real color probably lost to posterity
Click to view attachment
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Click to view attachment
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(dhuckabay @ Dec 7 2023, 03:44 AM) *

Sounds like many of the limited edition models NO ONE wanted the wacky color combinations that would only call attention to themselves so many had the yellow or orange trim changed to black trim and silver wheels before they could sell them or sold them by suggesting a quick trim paint job to customers
sixnotfour
At first posts ..I thought poor Picture.. Now I Know ,,, That aint No Pink Ive ever seen ..
sixnotfour
Paint As Sample... Its Special ...Not Pink
JeffBowlsby
PTS is something north of 12 kilobucks now, ~15% of the cost of a base model.
thomasotten

I had this Paint To Sample here for a while. Purple Rain. Ugh. The color did nothing for the car. The customer shipped it to himself in Honduras. I strongly convinced him to color-change it. He did, it's orange now. Looks so much better.
technicalninja
QUOTE(thomasotten @ Dec 8 2023, 09:29 PM) *

I had this Paint To Sample here for a while. Purple Rain. Ugh. The color did nothing for the car. The customer shipped it to himself in Honduras. I strongly convinced him to color-change it. He did, it's orange now. Looks so much better.

That looks real close to the TCU cars that Green Oaks Porsche Audi had PTS painted "TCU purple."
They sold a bunch of them to well off college students.
rhodyguy
TCU the college?
mepstein
A customer just shipped this car to us yesterday for some work.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.