Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Koenig Seat
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
I picked up a Koenig seat and it is way to narrow. Seat will need to be recovered. Has anyone taken the frame and widen it? Maybe a port a power to do some gentle stretching. Or just sell it and move on. Generic picture.
mepstein
Dave Toppin widened his. You need to remove the upholstery, reweld the tubes and then reapholster. If you just try to bend it, the welds will break. They break sometimes just from normal usage.
914werke
PM sent
burton73
I have a Scheel driver’s seat that was widened to fit my fat ass by Dale Hancock and it came out almost perfect.

The Koenig seat looks to be the very same seat so look over the pictures of my seat and a good local guy can do this work for you.

Best Bob B
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
eric9144
QUOTE(burton73 @ Dec 7 2023, 12:50 PM) *

almost perfect
poke.gif blink.gif

Konig's and Scheel's are good for waste lines up to about 32-34" beerchug.gif
After that they're uncomfortably tight in the hips driving.gif
Steve
At the time I had a 30” waist and could not fit in a new Koenig 914 seat. I sold it on eBay and then I noticed the buyer also sold them later. I now have a 34” waist and barely fit in the GTS lemans seat.
NARP74
Mine is a tight fit but once I am in I love it. I'm not going anywhere. A little easier pre covid...
burton73
QUOTE(Steve @ Dec 7 2023, 01:56 PM) *

At the time I had a 30” waist and could not fit in a new Koenig 914 seat. I sold it on eBay and then I noticed the buyer also sold them later. I now have a 34” waist and barely fit in the GTS lemans seat.

I have a 40 inch or so waist. I used to be a 46 but I lost 90lbs 22 years ago and have kept it off mostly

Bob B
aktion035.gif
pfreiburger
QUOTE(burton73 @ Dec 7 2023, 02:50 PM) *

I have a Scheel driver’s seat that was widened to fit my fat ass by Dale Hancock and it came out almost perfect.

The Koenig seat looks to be the very same seat so look over the pictures of my seat and a good local guy can do this work for you.

Best Bob B
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
[attachmentid=89548

Man, I love that interior! Beautiful color choices, beautiful work!
racerx9146
I widened my Koenig drivers side many years ago, carefully pulled back upholstery, bent the lower bars about 3/4 of inch wider on both sides at the front where is was digging into my leg. Looks fine, every time I get into the passenger seat I am reminded why I did it, way worth the effort.

Daron
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.