Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Advance Curve for 123ignition on 2056 w/IDF-40's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gatornapper
Greetings fellow Teeners.......

Soon to get my '76 on road after 18 months of very slow work - taking my time. Tons of other projects going on too.

Engine is now 2056 w/new P's & C's, heads, new dual IDF-40's about to go on, and a new 123ignition Bluetooth dizzy suitable for carbs or D-Jet (next year).

For the Centrifugal Advance Curve, I programmed into my 123igntion dizzy a duplicate of the 050 dizzy advance curve from here:

IPB Image

Vacuum line will not be used with the carbs.

Many have thought the 050 advance curve to be the best for the 2.0. I've loved the performance of my 050 dizzy.

Question: Is there a better advance curve for my new setup?

Enquiring minds want to know......

Yes, I've read other threads here on curves for the 123 dizzy.....

As always, TIA!

GN
Gatornapper
Admin's - please delete this thread.

TIA,

GN
flipb
For what it's worth... My '74 is a 2056cc with dual 40 EMPI HPMX carbs (IDF clones) and I just had the 1-2-3 Distributor installed while my mechanic had it for other needed maintenance. He programmed in a stock-ish advance curve (gradual ramp to 28 degrees at 4800 RPM).

It drove... fine.

Today I programmed in a clone of the Bosch 050 curve (based on this thread) and there was a big difference. More power and smoother delivery. Maybe the best it's ever driven. Really came to life. Felt great.

I might go ahead and create saved files for the other curves here to experiment a bit. It's incredibly easy to do.
anderssj
QUOTE(Gatornapper @ Dec 7 2023, 10:32 PM) *

Greetings fellow Teeners.......

Soon to get my '76 on road after 18 months of very slow work - taking my time. Tons of other projects going on too.

Engine is now 2056 w/new P's & C's, heads, new dual IDF-40's about to go on, and a new 123ignition Bluetooth dizzy suitable for carbs or D-Jet (next year).

For the Centrifugal Advance Curve, I programmed into my 123igntion dizzy a duplicate of the 050 dizzy advance curve from here:

IPB Image

Vacuum line will not be used with the carbs.

Many have thought the 050 advance curve to be the best for the 2.0. I've loved the performance of my 050 dizzy.

Question: Is there a better advance curve for my new setup?

Enquiring minds want to know......

Yes, I've read other threads here on curves for the 123 dizzy.....

As always, TIA!

GN

Sorry, but I can't figure out a couple of entries in the chart's key. I get that B-050 is the Bosch 050 dizzy, and that -009 is the old Bosch 009...but I don't recognize the others. I thought the old D-jet dizzys were all Bosch 039, but I don't see that one. And I'm not familiar with the L-jet dizzy--is that B-022? And I'm completely lost with "DM" and "RS" (no big surprise).

Any help or hints would be greatly appreciated. As Gatornapper says, enquiring minds want to know... biggrin.gif

Thanks in advance!

Steve A-

930cabman
QUOTE(flipb @ Dec 9 2023, 08:46 PM) *

For what it's worth... My '74 is a 2056cc with dual 40 EMPI HPMX carbs (IDF clones) and I just had the 1-2-3 Distributor installed while my mechanic had it for other needed maintenance. He programmed in a stock-ish advance curve (gradual ramp to 28 degrees at 4800 RPM).

It drove... fine.

Today I programmed in a clone of the Bosch 050 curve (based on this thread) and there was a big difference. More power and smoother delivery. Maybe the best it's ever driven. Really came to life. Felt great.

I might go ahead and create saved files for the other curves here to experiment a bit. It's incredibly easy to do.

What cam are you running? I have heard the 050 curve works well
flipb
QUOTE(930cabman @ Dec 12 2023, 03:46 PM) *

QUOTE(flipb @ Dec 9 2023, 08:46 PM) *

It drove... fine.

What cam are you running? I have heard the 050 curve works well

European Motorworks "G" cam.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.