Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 2.0 head
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
geshaghi
Looking for a cylinder head for a 2.0l motor for a 912E that I bought a few months ago. My understanding is that the 2L 914 head is identical to the 912E head. Please PM or email me. Thanks!
Al Meredith
I have a 912E and the head is the same . If you are going to rebuild the engine I suggest you Fly Cut the head some because the compression ratio of the 912E as well as the 914 heads is in the neighborhood of 59/60 CC with a stock CR of 7.6 . That's with the stock dished pistons and head gasket witch you should leave out.
914work
Not Identical but for all intents & purposes....
One thing that you may have to do depending on the E engine your are mating it to, is drill & tap the bosses at the bottom outboard of the head to accept the mount to support the HE's idea.gif
geshaghi
Thanks for the advice and leads. This is proving more difficult to find than expected, so I am still looking.

This is what I have - bad blowout that I am uncertain if it can be economically fixed. The machinist we use is non-responsive as I think he is on vacation until next year
Click to view attachment

Happy Holidays everyone!
cgnj
@geshaghi
Send the pic to Jorge europeanmotorworks.com.
Thats what I did for my head.

Good luck

Krieger
I'm pretty sure your California car had air injection for smog. Each head has two threaded holes for air injection. Only 75 and 76 914 2.0 have these. I have a pair of these I might be willing to sell.
Montreal914
Ebay? confused24.gif

Here is one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ONE-BARE-USED-1975...03226841?_ul=IL

Notice the air port, that is what you are specifically looking for in the 75-76 head.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
strawman
I have a spare GC-code 2.0 from a 1975 914 that I'll be tearing apart this weekend due to a broken rocker. I can snap some photos of the head without the broken rocker and post them here if you're interested. I'm not too far away (San Luis Obispo county).
Geoff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.