Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD - FS - 1975 Porsche 914 Roller/Project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
driftingcloud
1975 Porsche 914 1.8L Project/Roller for sale

L979A - Diamond Silver Metallic
COA numbers matching

My preference is to keep the car and all its parts intact, but I may consider other options depending on any interest and/or offers.

I bought this car in 2015. It ran reliably, but I’ve never seen a car leak as much oil as this one did. In 2017, I pulled the engine out, and sent it to FAT Performance in California. It was rebuilt as a 2375cc carbureted engine. This was one of the last engines the original owner built before selling the business. At 5,500 rpm, it dynode at 166.14 hp and 158.65 ft lbs of torque. The engine has just under 500 miles of break-in on it. It’s currently installed in my 1973 914 just because I wanted to rebuild that car’s original 2.0L engine, and I was curious as to how good the FAT engine actually was. Anything I say will only sound like a sales pitch, so just look up online comments about the original FAT Performance’s engines.

While the engine was out, it seemed like a good time to get the body repainted. Here’s where things fell apart. The “reputable” body shop disassembled everything and let my car sit for over a year with no progress. Despite pushing for regular updates on the progress, I finally picked it all up, and it’s been in storage ever since 2018. I’m tired of seeing it like this, and want someone to love it and get it back on the road.

The body is in good shape with solid rockers and Hell hole. It’s mostly in primer at the moment. Needs new battery stand. Solid frunk and trunk. A couple of pin holes in the cabin floors. Underside of car is without any denting or signs of damage. All parts are present with the known exception of the gas tank. It’s a great starting point for a 6-cylinder conversion or keep it all together for a number’s matching car with vastly superior performance to the original 1.8L.

I paid $11,000 for the car in 2017. I paid $11,800 for engine rebuild in 2018. It has less than 500 break-in miles on the motor.

I have a clean title in hand, and I’ll sell the project as a whole for $12,500.

Private message me if interested. The car is located in Aiken, SC.

Here's a link to more pictures. The videos are of the engine running in my other 914.
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/mt08vif9ocli...2y5ktz&dl=0

Click to view attachment
fasthonda
Wow. Super nice project for someone at a great price. Very Tempting being it's not far from me. I've found building them to be as much fun as driving. If only I was younger.

Tranny included?
driftingcloud
Yes, the 901 transmission is included.

It has some nice parts that go with it as well, like new bumper tops (front and rear) from Stoddard, new chrome bumpers (I still have the original rubber ones), a brand new, correct windshield, complete seal kit (though they come from THAT place in Atlanta).

Like I said, the only known missing part is the gas tank.

The body is in excellent condition as compared with most projects. It was why I bought this 914 in the first place. If someone just wants everything minus the engine, make me an offer. That's not how I'd prefer to sell it, but I'll definitely consider any serious offer.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.