Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IDF/DRLA Intake Manifold
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
yeahmag
What are people using for IDF/DRLA intake manifolds these days? I'm seeing a huge range in prices for what all seems like the same or similar design. Anywhere from $115 to well over $200. I don't mind paying more for something as long as it's actually better...
nditiz1
CB Performance manifolds all day.

I have a couple different versions of the intakes. Im not sure why the shorties were developed, especially since they require such long studs. The CB ones are universal meaning they will fit to a 3 stud OR 4 stud head.
yeahmag
QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Dec 11 2023, 01:17 PM) *

CB Performance manifolds all day.

I have a couple different versions of the intakes. Im not sure why the shorties were developed, especially since they require such long studs. The CB ones are universal meaning they will fit to a 3 stud OR 4 stud head.

Short ones are kinda what I'm after. A shorter intake length is better for high rpm.
rhodyguy
Post a WTB for ‘shorties’. Get appropriate phenolics. Plan on swapping out a few intake studs.
nditiz1
@yeahmag - If you really want a set of the shorties I'll give you the pair for $50 plus shipping, as rhodyguy and I both stated you will need to swap intake studs.

There may be a dealer that makes the shorties without having to do this, but I can't remember.

EDIT: Looks like I do have a set of shorties you don't need to replace the studs on AND will fit 3 or 4 stud $100 for those. You can also see the compare between CB performance and the other ones. Note: I think shorties make it more difficult for certain linkages.

Click to view attachment
nditiz1
Click to view attachment
MikeK
Ahnendorp makes nice manifolds for Webers. I believe they have different castings for different carb sizes instead of the 'one size fits 48's' that are available through US vendors. Gene Berg does the same, but they don't make T4 parts.

Most of the US made manifolds have pretty sloppy mounting holes as well. Not ideal for match-ported heads.
yeahmag
@nditiz1 PM sent
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.