Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT For Beetle Bug owners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Freezin 914
For the beetle/bug owners, my son just picked up a 73 Super beetle. Going to be getting it on the road. He is thinking he wants to put 2.0 Fuchs on the car. The question is can we use the same long lugs we use for alloy wheels on the 914 w/Fuchs on the beetle? Not sure if it would create problems…
dr914@autoatlanta.com
It is the wheel that needs the appropriate wheel bolt, so if you have factory fuchs mahle or pedrini you must use the 40mm lug bolt
QUOTE(Freezin 914 @ Dec 13 2023, 07:27 AM) *

For the beetle/bug owners, my son just picked up a 73 Super beetle. Going to be getting it on the road. He is thinking he wants to put 2.0 Fuchs on the car. The question is can we use the same long lugs we use for alloy wheels on the 914 w/Fuchs on the beetle? Not sure if it would create problems…

Freezin 914
Great, thank you for the reply! It is appreciated.
burton73
https://www.facebook.com/groups/479821539036482/

About
Welcome to the VW Sports Bug group. This forum is dedicated to the special edition 1973 VW Sports Bug that was sold in USA and Canada. You do not have to own a Sports Bug or VW to join. We welcome all that appreciate the VW Sports Bug. Please feel free to post pictures, questions, comments and information relevant to the Sports Bug.
We also are compiling a registry of all living VW Sports Bugs to support the hobby.
Please go to this link to register your Sports Bug(s):
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc...amp;c=0&w=1

These special edition 1973 sports bugs came with, special Recaro seats which are totally birchen and you could get someone to refinish them and put them in your car. Special steering wheel, and the wheels that are shown. They came in yellow and. Marathon Blue Metallic.

Just saying.

I would try to find some of those seats. There was a set for sale a while ago that I pointed to Eric Shay to put in his early bug.

Have fun with it

Bob B
808 WRX
I would still check the length of the bolt to make sure it isn't too long...

On a 914, if it is too long it will just go into the disc.

But on a bug, most have drum brakes so you want to make sure they aren't hitting any internal drum brake parts shades.gif
rick 918-S
I just ended up with a 79 Super Beetle Convert. Nice Project on a new pan. Bins full of new parts Rebuilt Engine

Click to view attachment
930cabman
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Dec 13 2023, 08:55 PM) *

I just ended up with a 79 Super Beetle Convert. Nice Project on a new pan. Bins full of new parts Rebuilt Engine

Click to view attachment

The crew looks ready to go. Lucky you
Freezin 914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Dec 13 2023, 07:55 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Cool! Nice score. Looks to me they are ready to help in the shop! Maybe they will work for fruit snacks! Ha!
Root_Werks
Others have already said, lug bolts should match the rims.

Don't forget to keep a set stock lugs for the spare wheel if you keep it steel.

driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.