I'd say mission accomplished
krazykonrad
How did you get it that clean?
rhodyguy
WOW!
live free & drive
Vapor Blasted?
SO.O.C914er
Wish mine looked that clean. Painted mine blue years ago like the car wish I hadn’t done that either headbang.gif
76-914
Commercial parts washer & bead blasted?
BillJ
Vapor hone i bet!
mepstein
The trans had a lot of undercoating. That was the challenge. First the cuda parts washer, then the vapor hone machine, lots of water to rinse off the media, then a couple trips through the ultrasonic machine. The hot solution in the ultrasonic also helps to rapidly age the color of the mag back to grey.

The insides are very worn so lots of new parts going in.
mepstein
Better color
914werke
piratenanner.gif
mepstein
Sorry about all the sideways pics.
sixaddict
Nice
Cairo94507
Man, that is a beautiful outcome/finish. beerchug.gif
burton73
Mark, That is what I call clean

Best Bob B
TonyA
WOW I know exactly where that transmission is going.
Thanks Mark.
bahnzai
Mark,
After rebuilding, will you apply any type of coating to the outside surface?
Thanks!
Shivers
Over the years and a few engine rebuilds, I’ve tried to clean the trans up. Wow Mark. At first glance I thought you had painted them. Very nice job
Craigers17
That thing looks brand new. My transaxle is truly embarrassed.
rgalla9146

Makes me want to disassemble everything and do it all over.
mepstein
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Dec 15 2023, 11:58 AM) *

Makes me want to disassemble everything and do it all over.

LOL. You certainly know it doesn’t mean it’s any better than anything else but it’s nice to work on something that’s spotlessly clean and it’s also nice to give a customer back something that’s pretty.
We do send many of the internals out to a special place that does a special treatment that is common in the nascar world. Besides doing a great rebuild, it’s just a special extra that we do. shades.gif
Spoke
Looking forward to dropping off my 930 engine and trans to you. Should be next month. The trans shifts well enough but has 160k on the clock and leaks and is a total mess on the outside.
mepstein
QUOTE(Spoke @ Dec 15 2023, 12:36 PM) *

Looking forward to dropping off my 930 engine and trans to you. Should be next month. The trans shifts well enough but has 160k on the clock and leaks and is a total mess on the outside.

I like when people enjoy their cars and put miles on them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.