Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shift linkage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
H2ohs
Hello- I have the rebuild kit for the shift linkage - but wondering if anything is missing in this joint. Is the bandclamp making up for something I need to order? Also, a previous post mentioned I was missing a boot- does one belong here?
Thx!
Allan
930cabman
QUOTE(H2ohs @ Dec 13 2023, 09:32 PM) *

Hello- I have the rebuild kit for the shift linkage - but wondering if anything is missing in this joint. Is the bandclamp making up for something I need to order? Also, a previous post mentioned I was missing a boot- does one belong here?
Thx!
Allan

This one: https://www.stoddard.com/914-424-206-00.html
Shivers
QUOTE(H2ohs @ Dec 13 2023, 06:32 PM) *

Thx!
Allan

Sorry, I’m just not seeing a clamp. But all the pieces are there other than the part from the link. I have seen a bellow run on the shift rod running forward from the shift rod bushing support. Keeps road debris off the greased bushing.
bdstone914
QUOTE(H2ohs @ Dec 13 2023, 08:32 PM) *

Thx!
Allan

@H2ohs

There are three bushings like that one used on the tail shift trans. What did you get in the kit? I dont see anything missing. I think Uro makes the clam shell boot that covers that section of the linkage.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
yes the cover and the boot. you need the four cylinder cover and accordion boot, NOT the six cylinder cover
NARP74
I can't imagine that band clamp being stock. Does not even look like a Euro style band clamp. Seems like a quick fix to solve a bigger problem that was going on. Popping out of the bracket maybe.
H2ohs
Great. Thanks all! Here’s another pic of where the clamp is..Click to view attachment
Shivers
QUOTE(H2ohs @ Dec 14 2023, 07:19 AM) *

Great. Thanks all! Here’s another pic of where the clamp is..Click to view attachment

What the heck is that? Gaaads
rhodyguy
Your muffler hanger has seen better days. The huge bolt hole should be more of a slot. Given the grit on everything, I imagine the rear most bushing is worn and should be replaced. The clamp prob keeps the ball on the rear rod in place. If you should take it apart, mark and index every connection point with a sharpie first.
930cabman
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Dec 14 2023, 10:07 AM) *

yes the cover and the boot. you need the four cylinder cover and accordion boot, NOT the six cylinder cover

Sorry OP, I was unaware the /4 and the /6 were different

Once again, thanks to the good doctor
Shivers
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Dec 14 2023, 09:01 AM) *

Your muffler hanger has seen better days. The huge bolt hole should be more of a slot. Given the grit on everything, I imagine the rear most bushing is worn and should be replaced. The clamp prob keeps the ball on the rear rod in place. If you should take it apart, mark and index every connection point with a sharpie first.

So instead of replacing the bushing they used a clamp to keep the rod from rising. wacko.gif
H2ohs
QUOTE(Shivers @ Dec 14 2023, 10:53 AM) *

QUOTE(H2ohs @ Dec 14 2023, 07:19 AM) *

What the heck is that? Gaaads

Haha.. yep!
NARP74
DAPO or CAPO comes to mind. Hopefully no one on here...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.