Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F/S Wiring Harness
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
6er
Early 914 complete wiring harness.
This is from headlights, taillights. Front to back. All dash wiring, front trunk, rear trunk, engine bay, and interior.
$200
REDUCED $135 SOLD

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
DC_neun_vierzehn
What year 914 was this pulled from?

Anything hacked, spliced, repaired, etc.?
6er
Nothing was done other than removed from a 71 or 72 over 20 years ago in put into a box for safe keeping.
Never used it, time to move it on
mepstein
Most new harnesses are $2500-3k. This is a great deal if you need one.
JeffBowlsby
Confirming the exact year is critical as these chassis harnesses are not interchangeable model year-to-model year. Get only the correct harness for your model year to assure that all switches, gauges etc will work and be plug n play.

A first glance this appears to be a 1972 or 1973 (clearly not a 1970-71), but its not possible to confirm without stretching it out and looking at every branch. There is at least one non-factory connector (circled), laying near the fuse panel in the photo.

My chassis ID guide is here if it helps: https://bowlsby.net/914/WiringHarnesses/doc...nessIDGuide.pdf

Lots of unknowns with an original harness even if it has been on the shelf for awhile - hardened wires, corrosion etc. Even the best of them will need a thorough cleaning, rewrapping and likely localized repairs to some extent, which should be reflected in the price. A restoration is easily 2-3 full days work + materials.

As Mepstein mentioned, a new harness is $3,500.+ from Restoration Design and really not comparable in quality to a repaired existing harness.

GLWTS.
Superhawk996
popcorn[1].gif
6er
After that review, $135.
Recycling many bring more money?
Literati914
It was already a good deal for someone, and most folks considering an original used harness should (and probably do by default) consider it may need this or that done, here or there. I mean this thing is fully accessible and can be perfected over a few days. Properly splicing wires is not hard for handy types (typical 914 owners) and comparing wiring diagrams between two years is just as doable. This one’s probably not for the concours guy, the guy trying to get rich off BAT.. more like the average 914 owner. For most, getting the exact harness to match a particular chassis would be a luxury and not necessary, jmho. Or drop $2k if it makes you feel better. GLWTS

JeffBowlsby
Please do not misunderstand my post above, this could be a decent harness, or not, just tried to be real about what it is and what it may need. Buyers, just ask questions and be informed. Salvage value on this is negligible, let’s hope it’s a good harness that will save a 914. Please take my comments on the model year compatibility seriously, and only use the correct harness for your car to avoid problems.
Superhawk996
QUOTE(6er @ Dec 16 2023, 12:49 AM) *

After that review, $135.

Definately don’t scrap. Someone can use this if only as source of color coded wire for repairs to another harness. Source of bulb holders, fuse panel, unique connectors like ignition switch, snorkel, etc.

popcorn[1].gif

As with most parts , shipping can be the deal breaker and would be for me. Local pickup would make it a whole different story.

Bump back to the top!
Bucci
Good morning #6er, I have a 72 vehicle so this should be similar or the same. I’m working on the fog light harnesses right now doing repairs, so I’m curious to see if this is a match.

I can do PayPal, or drive up to LA from Costa Mesa. Let me know.

Thanks
mepstein
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Dec 16 2023, 08:18 AM) *

QUOTE(6er @ Dec 16 2023, 12:49 AM) *

After that review, $135.

Definately don’t scrap. Someone can use this if only as source of color coded wire for repairs to another harness. Source of bulb holders, fuse panel, unique connectors like ignition switch, snorkel, etc.

popcorn[1].gif

As with most parts , shipping can be the deal breaker and would be for me. Local pickup would make it a whole different story.

Bump back to the top!

An entire 914 chassis harness will fit into a large usps priority box. BTDT.
euro911
I remember Jim Hoyland used to have a complete harness all spread out on a long board hanging on a wall in his garage ... looked cool - sort of 'wall art'. Not sure if it's still hanging there confused24.gif
mb911
I really don’t need a harness but this one does intrigue me. Not even for my model year but I changed mine considerably any way
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.