Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914world on Facebook
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scallyk9
I had to leave Facebook because of a hacker who stole my page last January, but I came back on with a slightly changed name on November 7th. I've since tried to join the Facebook 914world page 5 times without a response from the admins until this morning when it was refused with the reason as "admin rule assist". No real explanation.

I've been a member of 914world.com as "scallyk9" for almost seven years without a problem and own two 914s. Are 914world.com and FB's 914world not connected? Is there something more I can do to get approved?
DC_neun_vierzehn
QUOTE(scallyk9 @ Dec 14 2023, 02:59 PM) *

I had to leave Facebook because of a hacker who stole my page last January, but I came back on with a slightly changed name on November 7th. I've since tried to join the Facebook 914world page 5 times without a response from the admins until this morning when it was refused with the reason as "admin rule assist". No real explanation.

I've been a member of 914world.com as "scallyk9" for almost seven years without a problem and own two 914s. Are 914world.com and FB's 914world not connected? Is there something more I can do to get approved?

My understanding is that this 914 World Forum has no connection to the any of the Facebook groups, including the one that shares the same name (914 World).

Although, I think many board members here visit the FB group from time to time as well.
Front yard mechanic
It’s a sign from heaven
GregAmy
I do not believe there is any association between this forum and that social media group.

The FB is does not list an "owner" or creator, but the admins are:

Colin Greene
Cornelius Göritz
Eric Shea

Eric and Ian Karr are listed as "group experts". It has just over 10,000 members.

There's also a "Porsche 914" group that is well-frequented, with 16.5k members and the following admins:

Vermicious Knid
Larry Silver
Stuart Palmer

Personally, I prefer forums over social media groups. While the social media groups will usually get you a quicker response, I find the quality of the responses on a forum are better and more detailed. Plus, the historical knowledge on a forum is vast, whereas it's a PITA to find answers on social media, so the same stuff gets asked again and again...

We'll just keep this place a secret for now, I guess. - GA
SirAndy
QUOTE(scallyk9 @ Dec 14 2023, 11:59 AM) *

Are 914world.com and FB's 914world not connected?

Nope, not connected ...
bye1.gif
FlacaProductions
Honestly, you really are not missing much. Not much at all.
I love and welcome all 914'ers but nearly every one of the FB group members would do themselves a huge favor by being here instead of there.
jhynesrockmtn
The only thing the FB groups have over most web forums is how easy they handle pics and video. Not having to resize, rotate and save photos makes posting pics so much easier. The quality of the content here is much better.
rudedude
I hope I never have to join FB
Mikey914
The Facebook is really more of a distraction. If you are here o. The real "world" site its ALL 914 content.
On FB there are plenty of rabbit holes to distract you with other things.

I like my product undiluted.
DaveB
7 years ago my daughter told me Facebook was for old people. It's just gotten older since then. Stay with forums and friends that think duct tape fixes everything.

DaveB
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.