Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 oil line removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jims914
Need tool remove 32mmm line nut #19 901 107 710 4 from the lower tank ?
What a B----
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(jims914 @ Dec 14 2023, 02:18 PM) *

What a B----

Remove the relay board.

Remove the oil filter.

Use a 32mm wrench to break the line loose.

Unscrew with your fingers.

I cut a thin line wrench in half to make a short 32mm wrench for disconnecting certain lines, but it is not absolutely necessary.

930cabman
Currently building a /6 conversion and curious how some of this stuff is going to get tightened/loosened.
jims914
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Dec 14 2023, 01:40 PM) *

What a B----

Remove the relay board.

Remove the oil filter.

I cut a thin line wrench in half to make a short 32mm wrench for disconnecting certain lines, but it is not absolutely necessary.

Thanks Clay,

The line that I am looking for is the one at the bottom, the line you are thinking is the pressure line (# 18-1 porsche pet) 901 107 821 00 it it next to the oil filter.
Thanks for responding.
gereed75
Here is a set of wrenches I use for those big oil line fittings

https://www.harborfreight.com/15-piece-metr...-set-93668.html

ClayPerrine
QUOTE(jims914 @ Dec 14 2023, 04:32 PM) *

What a B----

Remove the relay board.

Remove the oil filter.

Thanks Clay,

The line that I am looking for is the one at the bottom, the line you are thinking is the pressure line (# 18-1 porsche pet) 901 107 821 00 it it next to the oil filter.
Thanks for responding.

If you are referring to the line that comes out of the side of the tank and goes to the chassis hook (#19 Porsche pet), then that is something different. You pull the tank out to change that one.

Hope that helps.
rudedude
And carefully remember the angle that line is at when you remove tank so you only have to tighten it once and replace the tank once. If not out the tank comes again. Ask me how I know.
rgalla9146
The first pic is a cheap VW 36mm rear hub tool I hacked up specifically to tighten
the bottom tank hose deep in the drivers fenderwell.
The dark wrenches in the second pic are a set sold by Stoddard. For any 911 or 914 6
they are a must have.
The other wrenches are various Hazet, Matra, Dowidat, Stahlwille etc. found over the years
jims914
Thanks guys that help a lot.
porschetub
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Dec 15 2023, 11:16 PM) *

QUOTE(jims914 @ Dec 14 2023, 04:32 PM) *

What a B----

Remove the relay board.

Remove the oil filter.

Thanks Clay,

Thanks for responding.

If you are referring to the line that comes out of the side of the tank and goes to the chassis hook (#19 Porsche pet), then that is something different. You pull the tank out to change that one.

Hope that helps.

Had my tank out 3 times to get that hose into correct position,twice to line it up and the last to tighten up finally .
Bloody thing has a small weep but will have to wait till next oil change.

jims914
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Dec 15 2023, 08:43 AM) *

The first pic is a cheap VW 36mm rear hub tool I hacked up specifically to tighten
The dark wrenches in the second pic are a set sold by Stoddard. For any 911 or 914 6
they are a must have.
The other wrenches are various Hazet, Matra, Dowidat, Stahlwille etc. found over the years

The standard open crow foot was no help. Where did you find the open 7 point crow foot, the one that was in top right side of the photo.
Thanks again
930cabman
QUOTE(jims914 @ Dec 17 2023, 05:42 PM) *

they are a must have.

The standard open crow foot was no help. Where did you find the open 7 point crow foot, the one that was in top right side of the photo.
Thanks again

We are doing a /6 conversion and I am planning on making some of these "specials". Might be able to get a bit lucky with the HF set. The crowfoot is even tricky
rgalla9146
QUOTE(jims914 @ Dec 17 2023, 05:42 PM) *

they are a must have.

Thanks again

The silver one was included by accident. It's 46mm for early 911 camshafts.

The one on the end of the extension is a cheap VW Beetle 36mm rear brake
drum/hub tool that I hacked to pieces...I also put a 1/2" square hole in it to accept
that long extension.
It works well. I'm going to reduce it even more.
In it's original form it was used with a hammer to remove stuborn
Beetle drums.
DennisV
QUOTE(rudedude @ Dec 15 2023, 07:31 AM) *

And carefully remember the angle that line is at when you remove tank so you only have to tighten it once and replace the tank once. If not out the tank comes again. Ask me how I know.

I am attempting to circumvent this frustration. I set the tank level and then used an angle level to measure the degree of angle on the fitting. It was about 8 degrees. Haven't gotten our oil tank back from cleaning yet to see if this method proves out.
Click to view attachment
jims914
Thanks again
jims914
QUOTE(DennisV @ Dec 17 2023, 05:42 PM) *

QUOTE(rudedude @ Dec 15 2023, 07:31 AM) *

I am attempting to circumvent this frustration. I set the tank level and then used an angle level to measure the degree of angle on the fitting. It was about 8 degrees. Haven't gotten our oil tank back from cleaning yet to see if this method proves out.
Click to view attachment

Hello Dennis,

Thanks for the help The 8 degrees was close for me but 10 degrees was perfect.
I am from Vallejo class of 62.
Thanks again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.