Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Late (73) Black Backpad
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
DC_neun_vierzehn
Before I dive into trying to reupholster a backpad for my ‘73 this winter, I though I would check to see if anybody has one laying around in excellent condition.

Mine was reupholstered by the PO so the material is new/nice, but the clips on the back have come off (they were refastened poorly), the fiberboard is disintegrating, the screw hole bezels are missing where it mounts to the firewall, the foam is not all there, etc. so I’m thinking what I have is not worth trying to save.

Looking for an excellent used backpad. If you have something, show me and tell me what you want for it.

I’m located in Delaware so it would likely require shipping. Willing to drive a couple of hours though.
914Sixer
Check with Porsche, they had some in the warehouse in Germany
windforfun
QUOTE(DC_neun_vierzehn @ Dec 15 2023, 10:38 AM) *

Before I dive into trying to reupholster a backpad for my ‘73 this winter, I though I would check to see if anybody has one laying around in excellent condition.

Mine was reupholstered by the PO so the material is new/nice, but the clips on the back have come off (they were refastened poorly), the fiberboard is disintegrating, the screw hole bezels are missing where it mounts to the firewall, the foam is not all there, etc. so I’m thinking what I have is not worth trying to save.

Looking for an excellent used backpad. If you have something, show me and tell me what you want for it.

I’m located in Delaware so it would likely require shipping. Willing to drive a couple of hours though.

Excellent used back-pads are rare. I have a used one that you can have for free plus shipping. It's in fair to good condition.
windforfun
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Dec 15 2023, 10:43 AM) *

Check with Porsche, they had some in the warehouse in Germany

I bought mine from Porsche through AA. It was about 1 K$. They're so old now that the vinyl no longer sticks to the press board in a variety of places.
windforfun
CTTOI, I have two used back-pads. They're disassembled, i.e. they come in three pieces & are normally assembled with sheet metal screws. You're welcome to both pads for free. Shipping will probably run a $100 or more.

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.