Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Cool 356 on Evil Bay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KaptKaos
Me Like!

356 C Carerra
Demick
Is it just me, or is that about the cheesiest looking '2' script on the back of the car. Placement is odd, style and color doesn't match. Reminds me of the dorks who put a mismatched 'turbo' or 'Type R' sticker on the back of their car. Sweet 356 though!

IPB Image
Qarl
Boing! My pants feel tight! blink.gif
tryan
77k and the reserve has no been met? schwing is right.
KaptKaos
Hmmmm 4 Cams, hmmm....

BTW: WTF are roller bearings? Why are they such a pain in the ass???

- Joe
Joe Bob
Ad copy says it's a six.....which it isn't....
ChrisReale
Nice car. Not a six, but has a few cams. There was a sweet red one in Excellence a few months back. I think those are the nicest 356's in my opinion
meursault
BTW: WTF are roller bearings? Why are they such a pain in the ass???

These would be bearings that are made up of rollers in a cage. On a four cam engine, that most likely refers to the bearings on the crank, although for a Carrera 2, the correct setup is plain crank and rod bearings.

Roller bearing cranks become a PITA because you have to send the entire crank and rod assembly out to be rebuilt. With plain bearings, you can polish the crank, place the new bearing shells in the crankcase and rods, and be done.

Actually, assembly of the entire engine is a big PITA. There are bevel gears everywhere to set up on several axes, cam lobes to be assembled on shafts, lash caps to be set up properly. I think setting up the cam timing is almost an exercise in futility. Wonderful motors though.

Oh, the "2" Script is correct and I believe it to be the correct placement. Missing watershields on the air filters is not correct, though.
rhodyguy
the reserve is more than the remaining mortage principle on my house. ohmy.gif

kevin
gklinger
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jul 29 2003, 06:02 AM)
the reserve is more than the remaining mortage principle  on my house.  :o

kevin

hell - you could buy a new house for what they're asking on their website...

http://www.cooperclassiccars.com/1964%20Po...20Cabriolet.htm
tryan
the roller cranks would get beat to death below 3-4 k. high rpm's are a must. an ernest furman (sp) designed the 4 cam motors?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.