Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Good Paint Shops in SoCal?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brokenmoped
OK, so it has come time to paint my 914. WOO! biggrin.gif Anybody here have any suggestions on shops that do a good job? I'm willing to pay at the most $1500 (I have some dents to pound out and screw holes to fill. I also need the shop to weld my front sway bar reinforcement kit). I'm thinking charcoal grey with two off-center black stripes. Any reccommendations?
|
Thanks,

C.
john rogers
One word, GarageLosPonchos. It will take a week or so. They stripped 5 paint jobs off my race car, did some welding and repainted it for $1800.
brokenmoped
john - Where is this shop located? Do you have any pictures of the car?

jimtab
QUOTE (john rogers @ Aug 19 2005, 05:59 PM)
One word, GarageLosPonchos. It will take a week or so. They stripped 5 paint jobs off my race car, did some welding and repainted it for $1800.

agree.gif They did a great job on my car, both bodywork and paint. You should get hold of Mike Lesniak(drevil) and get the #s for his replacement...the shop is in Tijuana. Jim
McMark
For $1500, they are the only ones I would expect to be able to do it and do a decent job. I know we couldn't touch what you're talking about for that price. Post before and after pictures for us! smile.gif It's always nice to see a 914 with new paint.
john rogers
If you do a search of my posts, there are some picts of the new "bruple" paint color. It is a bright metalic blue with a shot of red in it to brighten it up some. I got tired of red and white vintage race cars so went for something different.
jimtab
You can check my posts for the car pics after I got it back and I'm SURE you remember the Brazilia special from wcc2005....even thru the tequila haze.....
MattR
The shop I took my car to did a really nice job. They are in Orange and cost about the same as a los panchos job. The phone number there is 714-771-7107. Its a Maaco. Ask for Mike and tell him Matt from the 914 club sent you. He'll want to see your car, but he does really good work for the money.

user posted image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.