Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ground Strap - Alternator to Engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DennisV
Can anyone supply a clear photo of the alternator ground strap attached to a 914-6 engine case? I am having a tough time understanding which stud it attaches to and the correct orientation of the strap.

Planning to start engine assembly soon. If I understand correctly, I need to get this sorted before I mate the case halves.

Thank you.
porschetub
QUOTE(DennisV @ Dec 18 2023, 12:32 PM) *

Can anyone supply a clear photo of the alternator ground strap attached to a 914-6 engine case? I am having a tough time understanding which stud it attaches to and the correct orientation of the strap.

Planning to start engine assembly soon. If I understand correctly, I need to get this sorted before I mate the case halves.

Thank you.

Pretty much straight down on the engine case join and mounted back up to one nearest 6mm stud on altenator where the fibreglass air defuser fits ,buy a new strap as they get pretty crusty ,reason being it's the only earth ,cheers.
EDIT ,Fit this when the motor is boxed as a long block , this gets done before you fit the main engine cooling shroud after mounting alternator.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.