Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I have a nice X-19 ???????
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spare time toys
So Bubba wants me to get him from football practice today dragging the trailer with the car on it so he can be Mr Cool with the guys. No big deal I hook it up and am sitting there in the AC while the kids finish up. This one kids Grandpa comes up and we start talking cars. He starts to tell me he had a cool X-19 just like I had there on the trailer back in his younger days. He told of how much fun it was and went on and on. huh.gif I didnt have the heart to tell him it aint no X-19 He was just to happy reliving the good old days. Some time its just good to let it go beerchug.gif
Hammy
Aw yeah. Just like the hobo lady in the parking lot who said she missed her old '68 914. huh.gif Yep, Just gotta let some things go.. cool.gif biggrin.gif
Katmanken
Yep,

Just last week my wife told me about a 914 for sale at a little car lot near the house. A couple of us drove over for a look and guess what....

It was an orange X-19.... blink.gif

I really gotta get my hanger queen.... errr... I mean 914 ou of the garage more.

Ken
SirAndy
QUOTE (Hammy @ Aug 19 2005, 07:14 PM)
Just like the hobo lady in the parking lot who said she missed her old '68 914.

i know of at least two '68 914s ...

cool.gif Andy
grantsfo
Grandpa didnt have the heart to tell you this was his car:

user posted image
Hammy
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Aug 19 2005, 08:24 PM)
QUOTE (Hammy @ Aug 19 2005, 07:14 PM)
Just like the hobo lady in the parking lot who said she missed her old '68 914.

i know of at least two '68 914s ...

cool.gif Andy

Prototype ? cool.gif

Anyways, how do the X19's perform? (compared to 914)
JmuRiz
I'd say all the X1/9's were a little less than the 914, stock. Now that Abarth with 200hp would be quite fun....then again so would a 916/6 GT.
ClayPerrine
A few years ago a bunch of us went to Austin for a Hill country tour. On the way down, Charlie and Terri Davis met up with us and we met with the Dallas contingent a in a little town SW of Fort Worth. While we are sitting there, a lady in a pickup pulling a horse trailer tells us " I got one just like that in a shed at home." Being 914 people, the whole group heads down there to look at the car.

Here's what we found.

user posted image
turtleman
hehehehe

What a gas! You all must have been rolling on the ground with laughter. Admittedly, there is a slight resemblance to the 914's flat straight sides, but that is about it.

I have an old AH Sprite engine that would get that POS moving.

Trouble with those British Leyland cars built after 1964 they just require continuous repair. Nothing works for long and before you know it you are starting to repair stuff you just replaced two years previously. Electrical system are thw world's worst. Endless nightmares!! Damn cars spend 80% of their life on jack stands or in barns like that one.

However, they are fun when they move.
brokenmoped
Some guy at the gas station the other day goes, "Nice ferrari!". So I said thanks. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.