Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Air/Water April 27th, Los Angeles NorCal-SoCal Rally?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Sm914650
Luftgekuhlt just announced today the date for the first standalone Air Water event on April 27th in LA.

My first thought when I saw this was to try to organize a Rally of any Porsche owners who want to make the drive down together, from anywhere North of the Bay, and anyone who wanted to latch on on the way down. Would love to get as many 914s involved as possible!

Myself and a couple others had their 914s at the first Air Water event in Vallejo after Luft9, we definitely weren’t the stars of the show since everyone is there for the Water cooled cars dry.gif but nonetheless is an awesome show and anyone interested in attending would be great if you considered. All Pcar models welcome!

Plenty of time, and just announced today, ao just poking around to gauge interest, and go from there.

Cheers beerchug.gif
SKL1
Kind of depends on where it is... I took my 981 spyder to a Rare Shades 000 event a few years in downtown LA and was not impressed with driving around LA, even on a Saturday. Considered myself lucky to get out of there alive and with me and the car in one piece, and still with a functioning clutch considering the traffic flow... and you couldn't pay me enough to take a 914 there!

I'm sure it will be an interesting event but just wish it was somewhere else...
Sm914650
I definitely hear ya.
Knowing Luftgekuhlt team, and with this being the inaugural stand-alone Air/Water, I’m sure it will be something worth attending, with some awesome cars.

Cairo94507
As much as I would love to attend, the location will make it a no-go. I can't take the traffic and idiots in LA traffic. sad.gif
campbellcj
I plan to be there, probably will submit my 997 but TBD

You guys are right that driving around here can suck badly on weekends and Saturdays in particular. I'm used to it having been in SoCal all my life but it just gets worse each year. The drive back from PCA unStock a few weeks ago was no fun, prob 3.5 hrs to go 130 miles ish whereas it took 1:45 to get there...

By weird coincidence I live/work very close to Patrick Long / Luft HQ but have not met him in person, yet. The shows have become enormous with challenging logistics but are worth experiencing at least once - I've been to Luft 3-6 & 8 IIRC; missed Mare Island this year.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.