Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Momo or like hub to fit this steering Momo steering wheel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
roundtwo
So I received the steering wheel as part of the extra parts package when I purchased this car. Yes, I like the bone stock wheel but my son is too tall to drive it with the large diameter This steering wheel pretty small, but at least he fit his legs around it. Wouldn’t be my pic of Momo models but I’ve already got it so I’ll go that direction for now.

For 1971 model year 4 cylinder

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Chris914n6
Ebay has a nice generic/universal unbranded hub for $55.

If you can't find it I'll look it up.
roundtwo
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Dec 22 2023, 03:44 PM) *

Ebay has a nice generic/universal unbranded hub for $55.

If you can't find it I'll look it up.

@Chris914n6

Thanks for the lead.
I’ll see if I can find it
Todd
bdstone914
@roundtwo

Thanks for the lead.
Todd
[/quote]

Make sure you get the hub that is correct for your year 914.
roundtwo
[quote name='bdstone914' date='Dec 24 2023, 11:30 AM' post='3119746']
@roundtwo

Thanks for the lead.
Todd
[/quote]

Make sure you get the hub that is correct for your year 914.
[/quote]

Thanks Bruce
I think 1970 and 71 need a unique hub.

914sgofast2
Try searching for a hub made by Luisi of Italy. That's what I am using on my early 1970 model year 914 and it works great with a MOMO steering wheel.
GaroldShaffer
You will need the momo part number 8000. The 8002 number will not fit. Like the one is these pics. Sorry, I don't have one. This was on my old 70 I had some years ago.

roundtwo
@914sgofast2
@GaroldShaffer
@Chris914n6

https://www.ebay.com/itm/333964877757

this is what I come up with in the search for porsche 914 1970 hub

look correct? work with turn signal cancel?

I'm assuming the hole mounting pattern will fit a momo bolt pattern
roundtwo
Per seller this fits 914-4 1971! Ordered..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/333964877757

No Momo hub #8000 to be found.
914sgofast2
Yes, that looks like the one I bought. The hole for the horn contact was not correctly drilled in the Luisi hub. I gave up trying to make it work and put a button in the dash to operate the horn. In my case, even the stock steering wheel would not work the horn correctly, so I decided the hell with it, so it was easy for me to give up trying to make the original VW-Porsche design for the horn button contact work, which was sketchy at best. At least, in my opinion. Others may have different opinions of the original 914 horn contact design on the early cars.
morehills
I had the same problem with the Luisi hub on my 1971 column. Couldn't make the horn work even with original '71 horn ring and insulator. Maybe others have a fix that works but I ended up with the horn on the dash. Not ideal.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.