Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tranz oil fill.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
technicalninja
Link doesn't work for me.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
fiacra
Cut and paste the link in a new window starting at "https" and it will work. The OP included "my webpage" in the link by accident making it unusable....
rhodyguy
That worked, thanks. Pretty clever. Still, make sure the fill plug can be removed before draining
malcolm2
QUOTE(technicalninja @ Dec 22 2023, 11:27 AM) *

Link doesn't work for me.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

No it was me... trying to add a link via my phone..... I will try again.
technicalninja
So many late model cars have done away with the transmission fill tube that I modified one of these to install ATF.

https://www.amazon.com/Roundup-190260-Garde...KX0DER&th=1

Same process as the video but you can put the entire amount into the sprayer and it's a bunch easier to control that what is shown in the video.

I cut the wand off and have no throttle. I tried it first with the wand, too slow and the length of the wand (even with the tubing removed) caused interference.

That video didn't show what happens if you have excessive pressure when the fluid leaves the bottle.

I have my fingers holding the pressure release valve as the container runs dry.

You DO NOT want to hit a full gear box with any airflow as it will cause intense "back spray" out of the fill hole when the air releases.

Makes an enormous mess when that happens at the low pressures the sparyer works on. Hitting it with shop air would only make this worse IMO.
NARP74
I was gonna ask if I can still over fill, make it run down my arms and get all over the floor like the other options I have tried in the past!
technicalninja
The air pressure fluid installation can work PERFECTLY.
Not a single drop lost!

It can ALSO make the largest mess you've ever seen done wrong.

Just 10 psi makes a pool 3 feet across that will take 5lbs of cat litter to soak up.

So, yes NARP74, you can make all the mess you want!

Took me a couple of "pools" before I got it right...

I'm now using this method even when a tranny fill tube is present.

The garden sprayer seems to work slowly but it's so much better than using a manual pump!

Important note: I marked the housing of the sprayer where the pick-up tube sits, and I'll lean the container to put this as the low spot. Done right you will leave less than 1 oz of fluid in the sprayer.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.