Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Monterey Historics
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
richardL
I went down to the Historics today to have a look around. There were no open wheel cars this year - butplenty of sportcars. Many, many Chevrons, mainly B19s but a great array of FIA GTs, including 6 GT40s running, a 904 and two 906s.

There was an IMSA group with half a dozen 935s and a single 914. This was running against the 935s so it was somewhat outclassed with a mere 2.4 engine. It was the Altec Lansing car. It last ran in 1979 in Cerwin Wega! colors. It has been stored ever since and hasn't been restored.

richardL
I also drove past the exit of one of the concours events and saw *hundreds* of Ferraris, but also a McLaren F1 (on the road) and loads of Panteras and other stuff. Bruce Canepa had a street legal 959 at Laguna Seca along with a DTM Mercedes and some other stuff.

All in all a VERY cool day.

BTW, the 914/6 and 935s will be running again on Sunday

Richard
Maltese Falcon
Hey Richard...did you find our 914club bricks ? idea.gif
Too bad about the opened wheel cars not running this year- eventmaster Steven Earle usually tears the place up in his F1 ! I wonder if it was an insurance deal...wasn't it last year that an entrant tore up a late model (and almost himself) Ferrari F1 at Laguna ? driving.gif
The Chaparrals should be cool this year.
Marty
ConeDodger
I went down with Martin Baker and we had a blast. Talked for a few minutes with the owner of the Altec Lansing car and took many pictures of it in action. Met Brian Redman just sitting on a golf cart and shook hands with him. He had no one around him as if they didn't know who he was. Also took his picture. Also took Jim Hall's picture. He most definately had drawn a crowd probably related to the heavy Chapparel attendance...

Rob
SGB
That Altec Lansing car is so cool. Just makes me think- hot pants!

Brian Redman is a sterling fellow who will interact happily with anyone who wants to talk racing. Saw him at Lemans, met him at Summit Point.
smilie_pokal.gif
grantsfo
QUOTE (SGB @ Aug 19 2005, 09:42 PM)
That Altec Lansing car is so cool. Just makes me think- hot pants!

Brian Redman is a sterling fellow who will interact happily with anyone who wants to talk racing. Saw him at Lemans, met him at Summit Point.
smilie_pokal.gif

Makes me think of her:

user posted image
richardL
QUOTE (Maltese Falcon @ Aug 19 2005, 09:51 PM)
Hey Richard...did you find our 914club bricks ? idea.gif

Yes, its there in all its glory smilie_pokal.gif

Its on the left side, maybe halfway down from the top. The brick area, by the way, is at the very highest point, above the corkscrew - where you get a panoramic view of the rest of the track.

R
North Bay 914
Original six powered 904...
North Bay 914
Ferrari 250 GT LeMans...
North Bay 914
NOT a replica...73 Euro RS
North Bay 914
GT 350R, also, not a replica...
North Bay 914
Cheeta Cheeta, Cobra Eata..
North Bay 914
934 RSR...
North Bay 914
Carrarea 6, or 906...whichever you prefer.
North Bay 914
550, NOT a Beck..the actual car the French team ran at LeMan in 1955.
North Bay 914
RS 61, or the 718 RSK...
North Bay 914
904 exiting turn 11.
North Bay 914
QUOTE (Rotten Robby @ Aug 19 2005, 09:10 PM)
Also took Jim Clarks picture.

Rob meant to write Jim Hall, the Designer/Driver of the famous Chapparal Race Car, which are the Featured mark this year.

There were at least 20 real Trans Am cars there, but I like the AMX...
North Bay 914
3 GT40, 2 906, 1 Lola T-70 Coupe, and one I don't know (dark blue car)
North Bay 914
935, 934, and the lone 914...which is a real 914-6 GTU car with the 2.5 liter RSR spec powerplant. The car has been a race car is entire life. I spoke with the owner at length. This is how the car looked in its last race in 1979.
SGB
great pictures you lucky dog.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.