Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Courtney Love is older than me
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
redshift
You guys rock! I never would have started back drinking, if I hadn't seen so many good people here drinking also..

I love you.

2 pints, and I'm 6' under... not the shitty TV shoiw, but actually really plasterd.

WOOHOO! The motor sounds way better about 1k above redline! Don't fear the Repair... BOC! I need more cowbell..

Good nitght!

M
SGB
hey miles-
didn't ya know, BOC is popular with teenagers again. My son in highschool has friends that listen -and publicly too- to BOC and Bowie and Stones and Floyd and a few other mainstream arena rock bands. I've showed him a few other options. So far, he really digs Alan Parsons Project and Jean-Luc Ponty, also Jethro Tull and Supertramp. He hasn't figured out Jimi, and thinks the Beatles later masterpieces are too drug influenced. Guess you had to be there...
Anyway, there is this resurgence of old folks- I guess fueled by the relentless Areosmith (who I respect more now than I did in the the Walk this Way days). Floyd was at that G8 summit, Bono stays pretty public, Stones and Neil and the other surviviors are kicking old butt.
SGB
oh I'm sorry. I accidently left a lucid reply. Let me extrapolate:
When the fluoride paste reaches the right consistency, carefully fill the condoms halfway before igniting the torches. Then stand back and get ready for a fun-filled good time for the whole family!
J P Stein
QUOTE (SGB @ Aug 19 2005, 09:31 PM)
He hasn't figured out Jimi,

He'd have had to have been there.......I was...near as I can recall unsure.gif

Too many H's in that sentance....it might be in honor of Jimi, but I'm not sure.
redshift
Angel came down from heaven yesterday. Stayed here just long enough to rescue me.

Fall mountain, fall. Just don't fall on me.

J
Bruce Allert
QUOTE (redshift @ Aug 19 2005, 10:09 PM)
if I hadn't seen so many good people here drinking also..

I love you.

2 pints, and I'm 6' under... not the shitty TV shoiw, but actually really plasterd.

M

Lightweight... biggrin.gif Before Punkin left today = 1 Fat Tiar. After Punkin left = 1 Bud
Out at dinner = a glass of red
During dinner = a glass of white
Sit'n at home = 1 cup International Coffee (Cafe Vienna).
Good night to me too, or is it to you too? drunk.gif

g'night G (I mean M)

.......b
Hammy
I'm 16. I love a lot of those bands. smile.gif Neil Young is a cool guy, never sold out his entire career, and is like the only old musician not too drugged out of his mind to still make kickass music... aktion035.gif
SGB
I really can't recall much either. Maybe I was there too. I've seen pictures and heard stories, but I just thought it was part of THE conspirosy.
redshift
I'm up.. and I yacked! lol

I used to split a case of Heinekens, and a bottle of Cuervo, nightly... except for Sunday, when we'd get hammered... days off, you know..

icon8.gif

M
Tom Perso
Rock on! Reminds me of my college days.

Get up. Throw up.

Light one up...

Shower - go to class... smile.gif

Repeat as needed...

huh.gif

Tom
redshift
Ooops... I crapped my pants. huh.gif

Nah, just kidding.. I have that post-drinky nervous system oookie thing.. yuck.

icon8.gif pray.gif

M
Tom Perso
icon8.gif drunk.gif smilie_pokal.gif

beerchug.gif

Hair of the dog my friend...

blink.gif
redshift
sad.gif

Goat hair work for you?

sheeplove.gif
Sparky
Wake and bake the only way to go!!! I started my music career off in a hendrix cover band. I really dig his later stuff that was more jazz influenced.

Miles I took care of the tequila for you last night. it asked that I tell you to visit more often and not be a stranger.

drunk.gif

Mike D.
VegasRacer
Miles - please try not to follow in the footsteps of Kurt and Jimi.
If you feel the need to be embalmed, do it like David Crosby or Keith Richards.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE (Tom Perso @ Aug 20 2005, 06:50 AM)
Rock on! Reminds me of my college days.

Get up. Throw up.

Light one up...

Shower - go to class... smile.gif

Repeat as needed...

huh.gif

Tom

Class?
Skip class!
Definitely repeat often, as needed. smoke.gif

(My favorite music in my early adulthood included Gong (Radio Gnome Invisible), Brian Eno (Taking Tiger Mountain), lots of King Crimson, and of course any Tangerine Dream!)

As far as drinking goes nowadays: usually 2 or 3 beers is all I want, or half a bottle of wine with dinner. Not interested in the spins or barf.gif for anything.
redshift
pinch.gif

Please refrain from using the word.. icon8.gif spins.. toilet water... icon8.gif spins.. and.. what doesn't icon8.gif spin, everything.. right?

:throwupinmouth:

I dun't feel good, and I can't get unconscious.

Tickle me Embalmo
ChrisFoley
Miles,
Turn up the volume on your computer speakers and go here: Soundcheck

There's a good Miata SPIN somewhere in here: In-car footage

boldblue.gif happy11.gif boldblue.gif
Katmanken
Miles,

The male kitten wants you to play. He is extremely fascinated by the sight of water swirling round and round in the toilet when you flush. happy11.gif

He would like a full description of the process and explain what the sound is when all the swirling water (going roundy round) goes down. sad.gif

Perhaps you could hang your head in there with him and watch the show. icon8.gif

Please pull the handle often as he likes the show......

Oh yeah, is the hammer in your avatar in your head yet? BONG.... BONG.... BONG..... BONG.....

Ken
rhodyguy
if i still got drunk i would put "It's Great When You're Straight, YEA!!!" by Black Grape in the cd player, and turn it up VERY loud!! prob on the speakers on the deck so the neighbors could listen too. only at 1am tho.

k
grantsfo
Speaking of aging bands. One that hasnt aged well at all is Devo. I saw a video of their recent tour in Japan. Ouch! nothing worse than seeing a bunch of pudgey balding 40-50 year olds in yellow jumpsuits singing "Whip It!" off key to make me feel really old.

user posted image
redshift
hahahaha... icon8.gif

you all suck!

Wow, looks like the crew is here, to take the gear away... hey wait... it's Devo..

Am I asleep?

M
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (Hammy @ Aug 19 2005, 09:51 PM)
I'm 16. I love a lot of those bands. smile.gif Neil Young is a cool guy, never sold out his entire career, and is like the only old musician not too drugged out of his mind to still make kickass music... aktion035.gif

" only old musician not too drugged out of his mind to still make kickass music..."
Jerry Lee Lewis, Chuck Berry, Little Richard, John Fogarty, Al Green, Emmy Lou Harris, BB King, Bob Dylan, Paul Mc Cartney, Willie Nelson, Tony Bennett, The Staples family, Dick Dale and Merill Fankhauser (for you surf fans), Merle Haggard, John Prine, and Tom Waits. Stephen Stills, Graham Nash, Eric Clapton, Carlos Santana, Steve Miller. All are from the 50s and 60s, all still arouind, and all still making "kickass" music. Lots more, too, just can't think of 'em all right now. The Cap'n
smg914
QUOTE (Hammy @ Aug 19 2005, 09:51 PM)

Neil has a new CD "Prairie Wind" with a DVD included coming out on September 29th.
SGB
that devo pic cracks me up. More like Devo-tional. Y'know they have been doing music for nickelodeon tv shows like rugrats for years. Guess thats the only way they can be animated now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.