Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pedrini wheels unicorn -anybody seen this before?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
roundtwo
Thinking someone was drunk on the production line when they made this rim.
Just had my new tires mounted and I was putting on the center caps. Wanted to align the Porsche crest the same on all rims but then there was the freak rim! See “A”. The valve stem home location doesn’t match the other rims in comparison to the spokes.

All rims have the same part number.

Looking at other pictures of Pedrini rims online I don’t see another like it. WTF.gif Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
windforfun
Flip it over & it'll be fine.

beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif
Dave_Darling
Interesting!! I hadn't noticed that before...

Flip the rims over and see if they have the same part numbers on the back. I wonder if they might have changed that when they went over to the ".01" version that fits on the later cars correctly?

--DD
Front yard mechanic
Hans was left handed
East coaster
Obviously from a RHD car smile.gif
Geezer914
Strange, I think there is a small raised area on the rim where the valve stem hole is drilled. aligning the Porsche crest with the valve stem hole??? bootyshake.gif
majkos1
QUOTE(East coaster @ Dec 28 2023, 07:31 AM) *

I have a RHD Ashtray!
BENBRO02
Weird, I have a set of .00s in my garage and will check to see if they match when I get home.
SirAndy
QUOTE(East coaster @ Dec 28 2023, 04:31 AM) *

agree.gif
roundtwo
QUOTE(Geezer914 @ Dec 28 2023, 04:47 AM) *

Strange, I think there is a small raised area on the rim where the valve stem hole is drilled. aligning the Porsche crest with the valve stem hole??? bootyshake.gif

Yes, there’s a designated spot on the rim for the valve to pass through. That’s what’s in a different location compared to the spokes on the other rims. The center cap Porsche symbol. I wanted it oriented the same for all Rims but that’s when I noticed the valve stem is in a different location relative to the spokes on the wheel for that one rim
roundtwo
QUOTE(BENBRO02 @ Dec 28 2023, 08:30 AM) *

Weird, I have a set of .00s in my garage and will check to see if they match when I get home.

Cool

Yeah, same part number on all the rims
Root_Werks
Even if part numbers are the same, bet it's either change in manufacturing or post production parts run version of the part for replacement.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.