Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Getting keys made
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mpiercewa
I have a '72 914 and would like to have a second set of keys made. I purchased blanks but am having a really difficult time finding anyone who can cut them. I contacted all of the local Porsche dealers but was told the only do more modern cars. Does anyone have any suggestions? I appreciate any info!
mepstein
Find a local locksmith. They usually have the older machines that will cut the classic style keys.
FlacaProductions
Paging @TheCabinetmaker

He'll work with you to get you what you need...
r_towle
Home Depot has an old school key cutting machine...just bring them the blanks
Root_Werks
QUOTE(mepstein @ Dec 28 2023, 12:32 PM) *

Find a local locksmith. They usually have the older machines that will cut the classic style keys.

agree.gif

Most hardware stores have auto cutting machines and don't work well with our 914 keys. See if you can find an actual locksmith with an old-school machine.
TheCabinetmaker
Agree with the local suggestions. Find a shop that's been around since the 60s, and they will probably have the proper machine. If you can't find one, I'll do it. $20 for the pair. One day turn around.
JeffBowlsby
Curt Curtis is our dedicated 914 locksmith around here. You will be very pleased with his service, he is a master.

https://www.914locks.com/
rhodyguy
I think you’ll find one black key and one red key a mystery with most key cutters. Use a flat rate envelope for shipping out and the same one for the trip home. Way way faster. Days rather than potentially weeks and you get tracking numbers.
sportlicherFahrer
A little south of Seattle, but Milo's Locksmith in Puyallup has made keys for a few of my classics including 914's. Been a few years now, but at least worth a call if you're interested.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/YYEqocU9yhDi7qJw7
dr914@autoatlanta.com
we cut them all of the time, but are a long way off!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.