Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AN fitting experience and recommendations
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
draganc
Hello folks!

Looking for first hand brand experience on AN fittings, in particular with -6AN size.

Redoing the fuel lines, from the firewall and custom setup for ITB. Also, looking for fuel pressure regulators and additional fuel filters.

I’m drawn to XRP (US made but also 4x more expensive than Made in China) but have also seen good feedbacks about Evil Energy and Vibrant Performance.

TIA!

PS: what’s your take on “push lock” fittings, by itself and additional clamps?

beerchug.gif
CCE
QUOTE(draganc @ Dec 28 2023, 11:44 PM) *

Hello folks!

Looking for first hand brand experience on AN fittings, in particular with -6AN size.

Redoing the fuel lines, from the firewall and custom setup for ITB. Also, looking for fuel pressure regulators and additional fuel filters.

I’m drawn to XRP (US made but also 4x more expensive than Made in China) but have also seen good feedbacks about Evil Energy and Vibrant Performance.

TIA!

PS: what’s your take on “push lock” fittings, by itself and additional clamps?

beerchug.gif

Whatever you end up please share photos, I am always looking for ideas…Click to view attachment
mb911
Race flux is the best hand down secret manufacturer/wholesaler. I use them exclusively and order from them a few times a month
76-914
Aeroquip.
mgarrison
I had pretty good luck using these:

https://autoplumb.com/collections/an-hose-ends

But, keep in mind I was doing large fittings & hose for my cooling system. And...my 914 is not running/driving yet, so I can't speak to any possible leaks... confused24.gif
tygaboy
I'm using Fragola fittings: hose ends, bulkhead, y connectors...
That's -6 for the fuel system, -12 for the H2O and I'm into -10 for the oil lines. All good so far.

I like black but they also do red/blue and clear.
Available through Summit. Free shipping, easy, no-question returns/exchanges.

Plan your system as accurately as you can. It's easy to end up with too many/wrong pieces. Watch any "series" designations so you're always ordering the "matching" parts.
Ask me how I know! laugh.gif
tygaboy
delete
Jack Standz
When you run the braided fuel lines, Teflon is better & lasts a lot longer. It's a little stiffer than the rubber lines, but we think worth it. Don't enjoy the job, so only want to do it once.

The connectors for Teflon lines are different than the rubber ones, so get the right ones. Choose the brand you like, we get ours from Summit normally since it's only 5 miles.
draganc
Thank you all for the great inputs, much appreciated!

I saddled down on XRP and will go with “grounded” XRP teflon lines.

Will update with pictures once the installation is done.
930cabman
Has anyone used duck oil to lubricate these prior to fitting?
tazz9924
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Dec 29 2023, 08:14 AM) *

I'm using Fragola fittings: hose ends, bulkhead, y connectors...
That's -6 for the fuel system, -12 for the H2O and I'm into -10 for the oil lines. All good so far.

I like black but they also do red/blue and clear.
Available through Summit. Free shipping, easy, no-question returns/exchanges.

Plan your system as accurately as you can. It's easy to end up with too many/wrong pieces. Watch any "series" designations so you're always ordering the "matching" parts.
Ask me how I know! laugh.gif

I second fragola, ptfe is really easy to do and is way more ethanol resistant. Just make sure you match your line to fitting, ie: ptfe line, ptfe fitting.
VaccaRabite
If you are connecting AN fittings to steel fuel hard lines, is there a special bubble flare you need to use? How does that work?

@mb911 do you have a link for the Race Flux people?
Zach
mb911
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Jan 22 2024, 07:54 AM) *

If you are connecting AN fittings to steel fuel hard lines, is there a special bubble flare you need to use? How does that work?

@mb911 do you have a link for the Race Flux people?
Zach

https://www.raceflux.com/
Jack Standz
Chris at Tangerine Racing welded some AN fittings on the ends of the SS fuel lines for ours.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.