Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: nice SIX on eBay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gustl
just found this one on eBay (#4569913235)

sounds that it could be a solid car that needs "a little" work

I'd love to find such a car in Europe - if it's as good as the description says I'd use user posted image

redshift
It's hard to find one in $9,000 condition.. I think that one is in about $6,000 condition..

biggrin.gif

M

Gustl
you have no idea how expensive these cars are in Europe dry.gif

Jacco
Yup just as Gustl says...
A 2.0 4 cylinder in about the same condition as the 6 in the add wil have an asking price of around 6000 euro's dry.gif
I've seen several 914's 4 cylinder cars being offered for around 9000 euro's..... so I agree with Gustl that 9000 dollars for an original 6 is not all that much money, it just depends what side of the big pond you're on....

greets
Jacco
redshift
I am sorry... would you like to buy a slightly used '74 2.0 for.. say... 22 million Iraqi dinars?

laugh.gif

I do feel your pain, but right now, mostly in my hungover stomach.

M
Porsche Rescue
I have sold two 911's to European buyers. Shipping in a container is less costly than coast to coast in US, less than $1500 Long Beach to Bremerhaven.
Gustl
unfortunately in Austria these cars are much more expensive than in other European countries

to give you an idea about Austrian teener prices, just watch this dealer's homepage

this guy sells mostly cars in good to very good condition
remember that 1000 EUR is about 1200 US$

so, I should consider to import this SIX rolleyes.gif
Porsche Rescue
Gustl, the buyer of a '70 911 which I sold on Ebay about a year ago was from Salzburg. He is the one who shipped to Bremerhaven. He used California Shippers (calship.com). They picked up the car from my home with a truck transporter, took it 1000 miles to Long Beach, CA, put it in a container and shipped to Germany for about $1500. From Wisconsin to an east coast port and straight across the Atlantic might cost less.
The six is in Wisconsin and could be rusty but seller says not. Maybe there is a club member close by who could look for you. The price is sure tempting, even in the US. Original silver with steel (factory?) flares, it won't last long unless it is very rusty.
Gustl
Jim, many thanks for your infos, but I really can't imagine to buy a car from the other side of the pond when I just saw a photo of it - even if an other club member checked it unsure.gif

I guess I'm not stong enaugh (mental) for such a deal headbang.gif
Porsche Rescue
I don't blame you. Really surprised me that the fellow bought my '70 911 based only on Ebay pictures. He won the auction at $11,800 plus shipping costs. It was a nice car, black (not original), tan full leather. A little rust below the rear window. I figured the dollar/Euro exchange rate plus the value in Austria must have made it a bargain for him to take the risk.
Gustl
well, this really sounds like a bargain blink.gif

a '70 911 in good shape is about 25k EUR here in Austria, T a little less, S a little more
very good cars reach up to 30-35k EUR screwy.gif
Porsche Rescue
Guess we both got a good deal. My reserve on the car was $10.000!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.