Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PMB Coachwerks -6 GT sports purpose build
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iankarr
Hi Guys,

A few years ago I made a video about a GT build Eric was starting in his shop. The car is now done and you have to check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uthdpl53SKA
bzettner
piratenanner.gif

Wow! I KNOW that if I have to ask, I don't have enough, BUT, give me something to dream about fellas....+- $5K, what would this cost me to roll my "pretty clean" stock '73 1.7 into Eric's shop and have this car roll out?

I don't know how many years I have left to get into a roll cage car like this one or even my stock 914, but a man HAS to DREAM.

pray.gif

Click to view attachment
Lucky9146
I was at PMB for Red Rocks 2022 when Dan picked it up!
PMB is a class act. beerchug.gif
I have seen Dan and the car around San Diego.
Great Video
driving.gif white914.jpg
Freezin 914
first.gif

I am so happy Eric and his team have started their coachwerks division. Not taking away from others that are build high quality cars and restorations, but these cars are next level!

And Ian for all the videos you help keep us all motivated and inspired!

beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
NARP74
I have seen this car several times in person and driving at RRC 2022 and RRC 2023, it is stunning. Gotta be low 6 figures right?
76-914
If that is Dan's car it was finished a while back.
rick 918-S
thumb3d.gif
fasthonda
QUOTE(NARP74 @ Dec 30 2023, 02:17 PM) *

I have seen this car several times in person and driving at RRC 2022 and RRC 2023, it is stunning. Gotta be low 6 figures right?

Also wondering what the build cost is?
Remove the cage and its a near perfect build.
Krieger
Absolutely beautiful car! Fantastic video!
Jett
If we are guessing, I expect that it took 110K + the donor car
Cairo94507
I think that is probably pretty close; might be a bit more... beerchug.gif
seanery
I've been contemplating a build and 6 figures is where my mind keeps putting me. I think the money will stay with the car if it's built well, with quality parts and workmanship.
JmuRiz
IPB Image

I'm sure there's a wide range of build levels and price points. I actually asked about getting my car on the list, as it basically needs to be put together and baselined...never got to the point of timeline (I think he has a few years wait) and price. If I could afford it would I have him do my car...darn straight I would!
iankarr
I didn't ask Eric about the cost of the build. But for me...with cars that are clearly "dream machines"...different rules apply. Personally, assuming I was in my 60's and had a decent net worth with a typical mix of 401k, investments, cash etc. I'd rather put six figures into a dream car than let it sit in a bank account making a few percent interest. There's very little downside on great builds, and you get the benefit of actually enjoying what you worked for. If not now, when???
nivekdodge
Ian,
This is the first one I remember being white inside. Was that more common in the day?

Kevin
frankieshooz
My car is in the shop as I write this. I cannot say enough good things about PMB and their work. Top Notch. Great communicators. I had to wait a while before they would even take my car and it’s been a long process but also very fun “supervising” the build. Funny I just added to my thread today after a long absence form the forum..It’s going to cost you more than you think but that is the price if you want next level workmanship and knowledge. Worth every single penny…
NARP74
I think scope creep is a very real thing while you are in this process. Like bidding on an auction car, you get carried away. Most people will only do this once and you might as well get what you really want while you are doing it. It's only money, why just give it to your kids? They don't like your things anyway...
iankarr
QUOTE(nivekdodge @ Jan 3 2024, 01:24 AM) *

Ian,
This is the first one I remember being white inside. Was that more common in the day?

Kevin

Cars for racing teams were often delivered in all white as a blank slate. The teams would then paint the outside with their specific livery. Since the interior bits aren’t aesthetically important in a race car, they remained white. Eric discusses this in more detail in the video smile.gif
Rufus
Hmmmm … seeing that Brumos modified 914/6 ‘GT’ sell for $220k recently on BaT, and now the $$$$$$ spent on this 914-4, are signs of 914’s finally getting their long overdue and well deserved love.

As they say, “they just don’t make ‘em like they used to!”
campbellcj
QUOTE(iankarr @ Jan 3 2024, 07:43 AM) *

QUOTE(nivekdodge @ Jan 3 2024, 01:24 AM) *

Ian,

Kevin

Cars for racing teams were often delivered in all white as a blank slate. The teams would then paint the outside with their specific livery. Since the interior bits aren’t aesthetically important in a race car, they remained white. Eric discusses this in more detail in the video smile.gif

There's a functional benefit as well as it's way easier to spot debris (FoD) or fluid leaks on the floor of the car when it's light colored.

Having written several 5-figure checks and many smaller ones in progressively building my car over the years I can see how the costs and timelines on these higher-end builds add up so quickly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.