Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: -16 hose and spring support
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
blabla914
So I got my -16 braided line and the support coil for it. I'm still waiting for some fittings before I can get this done. In the mean time I'm playing around with the coil and the hose. I've looked through all my books, but I've got zip on using the support coil. Anybody have any proven techniques to get the coil into the hose?

You're basically trying to shove a slinky into a rubber hose that's got an ID the same size as the OD of the coil. Lots of lube seems to help, but I can see getting shredded by the exposed end of the hose.

As always, any help much appreciated.

Thanks,

Kelly
ClayPerrine
Wrap both ends of the exposed hose braid with masking tape. It will save your hands.

Then put a coathanger wire through the hose and use it to pull the support coil into the hose.

blabla914
Thanks Clay. I agree that's the best of the options I've played with. I was worried I'd have to pull so hard on the coil I might bend it. I'm using the flat coil, not the round stuff so I could put a twist in it if I'm not careful.

Thanks,

Kelly
sixnotfour
Use the coat hanger , bed the ends, so they lock together ,Then you can turn it , turning it reduces the the diatmeter and it it pull in , with couple of twist you will get it , then pull out the end , cut of the bent end , push it back in,

hope this helps
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.