Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New to 914World and to 914s
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tim17
After finishing a 2 year frame off restoration on a 1970 Triumph GT6, I was ready for a new winter project with my friend Chris. We found this 80%? finished project near us and took the plunge.

It’s going to be a nice driver, the car is solid and mostly rust free, it’s a 1975 built in 08/74, 1.8 engine professionally rebuild to a 1.9, breathing through Weber Carbs. We’re on a steep learning curve, but I’ve always loved these cars, and we’re up for the challenge.
The car was repainted, but a low quality job that needs work. The interior is tired, planning to refresh that.
I’ll be looking for help from this forum as we go forward, thanks in advance.

Tim
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
NARP74
You came to the right place. Welcome!
technicalninja
Pretty blue!
Pedrini wheels and euros.
Bumper back date.
Engine/intake upgrade.

Freaking nice for a starting point!

Looks like you got lucky...

Welcome to the menagerie!
URY914
Looks nice!

Good for you.

beerchug.gif
Spoke
welcome.png

Very nice 914. About the car being 'rust free', with 914's, the rust is free. beerchug.gif

Good luck with your build. There's a wealth of knowledge here on 91world both with informative threads and the current group of technologists who hang here.
PanelBilly
welcome.png

jhynesrockmtn
Welcome. Great color and starting point. Looks like 2 liter Fuchs and some other nice upgrades.
930cabman
welcome.png

Great looking example, keep us posted with your progress
technicalninja
I'd like a closer picture of the wheels.
My first thought was Fuchs but on second glance those look like Pedrinis to me.

My eyes are getting old...
bkrantz
Welcome--looks great. Keep sharing.
KELTY360
welcome.png You’re going to love the 914! My first car was a TR4 and it was fun, but the 914 is an entirely different level. Roomy cabin, 2 trunks, removable top and, oh yeah, go cart handling! Enjoy.
KELTY360
QUOTE(technicalninja @ Dec 30 2023, 07:28 PM) *

I know what you mean about old eyes. Mine turn 75 in just over a week. After enlarging the pic on my iPad I can confirm they’re 4 lug Fuchs. Nice option.
Freezin 914
Nice looking car! I’m sure we will all be following your progress.

welcome.png
technicalninja
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Dec 30 2023, 09:15 PM) *

QUOTE(technicalninja @ Dec 30 2023, 07:28 PM) *

I know what you mean about old eyes. Mine turn 75 in just over a week. After enlarging the pic on my iPad I can confirm they’re 4 lug Fuchs. Nice option.

Even Better IMO

Hey, we could use bigger pictures!

We're friendly.
We'll be helpful.
Some of us can't see for shit!
Maybe that should be "Most"...
OrangeBones
Welcome Tim. Get her on the road in six months and come on out to the North East Gathering!
rick 918-S
welcome.png assimilate.gif
Tim17
Thanks for the welcome to the forum. The PO told me the wheels were Fuch knockoffs. Here’s some higher res pics. I don’t know the brand, but maybe it’s Pedrini.

Tim
Click to view attachment
Tim17
My pics on my iPad were too big to put more than one in a post without compressing them as I did in the first post.

Click to view attachment
Tim17
Click to view attachment
Tim17
QUOTE(OrangeBones @ Dec 30 2023, 11:05 PM) *

Welcome Tim. Get her on the road in six months and come on out to the North East Gathering!

Where is the NE gathering?
Tonyooc
welcome.png nice car. beerchug.gif
76-914
welcome.png I'm on the home stretch with my re-upholstery job. A bit of a learning curve but nothing unsurmountable. beerchug.gif
campbellcj
welcome.png Cool color and looks like a really solid starting point for a fun project!
mate914
QUOTE(Tim17 @ Dec 31 2023, 06:59 AM) *

QUOTE(OrangeBones @ Dec 30 2023, 11:05 PM) *

Where is the NE gathering?

Poconos last year 20+ cars. I think more north this year. Maybe @saigon71 or @OrangeBones knows where the next NE gathering is?

Matt flag.gif
Cairo94507
welcome.png You found 914 Nirvana right here; best group of people you could find with tons of knowledge and expertise. beerchug.gif
Shivers
welcome.png Nice starting point. Look closely for hidden rust under the battery and there abouts to start
burton73
welcome.png
Welcome to the world. Great people here that will help you out because they get joy from answering your questions and passing on any knowledge they have. This is the brother hood of the 914world. I have been here since Jan 2007

Best Bob B
technicalninja
The GT6 looks pretty nice!

A few pictures of that might be appropriate.

Most of us have "others" too...

I'm a Datsun Z / Mazda Miata guy as well.
Gint
welcome.png Good looking 914!
Tim17
QUOTE(technicalninja @ Dec 31 2023, 11:52 AM) *

The GT6 looks pretty nice!

A few pictures of that might be appropriate.

Most of us have "others" too...

I'm a Datsun Z / Mazda Miata guy as well.

Thanks, the GT6 is a cool car, I put EFI in it.

Click to view attachment
Tim17
QUOTE(Shivers @ Dec 31 2023, 10:54 AM) *

welcome.png Nice starting point. Look closely for hidden rust under the battery and there abouts to start

The hell hole area and the longs were repaired under the previous owners. I do have some rust at the bottom of the firewall we need to address.
saigon71
Welcome Tim! Good looking car as well.

This years Northeast Gathering is in the Catskills of New York. June 21-23. Hope you can join us.
Geezer914
Welcome to 914 World, nice find. Now the fun begins.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.