Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Firewall repair suggestions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tim17
I’m new to these cars and I have a mostly solid car with an ugly firewall. Not sure why the PO didn’t fix this when the hellhole got fixed.

Click to view attachment

I just ordered an outer firewall passenger side repair panel from Auto Atlanta, and we’re planning to drop the engine and get after this area.

One challenge I see is dealing with the main wiring harness.

I’m not sure how much of this repair panel I’ll need until I see where the firewall is sound enough to weld. One possibility is to slit the panel above the harness hole and then reconnect it, to trap the harness. Also need to figure out how to protect the wires from nearby weld splatter.

Any tips?

Thanks,
Tim
Superhawk996
Pull the wire harness back into the cabin. Not hard to do.
technicalninja
Research center tunnel "tube" location tips. Puppies rust loose and you're going to be in there already.

Steel fuel lines if still plastic.
Shifter rebuild shit. I like this firewall bushing

https://tangerineracing.com/shop/ols/produc...ift-rod-bearing

Happy New Year!
Tim17
Thanks guys.
I’ll check out the link.
Geezer914
Had to repair my lower firewall due to a rear window leak. Back in 2009 I had to fabricate a piece of metal to fit after making a pattern. Spray the back of the replacement panel with weld through primer. When completed, coat the inside with Eastwood internal frame coating.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.