Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another battery option
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
saigon71
Happy New Year to all.

I needed a new battery and decided to explore lower budget AGM options. I ended up trying the Group 47(H5). I am pleased with how it worked out. It clears the factory rain tray and fits in the stock battery tray. I don't have a stock battery hold-down, but I'm pretty sure it will work.

Walmart has some for $154.99. I bought this for $199.99 at Sam's Club because I had a bunch of Sams Club rewards to apply to the purchase. Both come with a 3 year warranty.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

davep
That does seem to fit very well. Report back annually to tell us how it works out.
NARP74
I have been using those on two other cars for several years. So far they are working out well.
thomasotten

I made a video on it a while back showing the fitment.

Youtube video
scallyk9
I recently replaced an Optima with an Interstate H5/47 AGM, purchased at Costco for about $160 plus core charge and sales tax. Sold in the tire department, Costco won't do installations. The appears to be slightly larger in length as I have a little less clearance on the sides but it did work well with the factory steel hold-down.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.