Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New toy for 24
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mb911
Got this the other day. Very cool. Need to get another display case and an ESC, battery, and radio.Click to view attachment
Superhawk996
biggrin.gif That looks really nice.
Freezin 914
Wow! May need more information! Nice!
GBX0073
Very Nice addition to your RC collection
please share your source
mb911
It’s a tamiya M series chassis and the body’s are made by Carson. I am having a member painting one just like my car then ran across this one on marketplace. I don’t think there are any spares. David may have an extra after finishing mine but not sure. I will likely sell this body
mb911
Here is an old thread on them. http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-914...-rc-bodies.html
Spoke
Nice 914. Looks fantastic on that street chassis. Not sure it would fit on an RC10 because the front and rear shock towers are so tall.

Does it have a brushless or brushed motor? I recently got old RC cars going both with older brushed motors. I was surprised at how inexpensive the ESC, radio/receiver, 2S LiPo battery, and charger were. All for less than $100. The ESC was less than $10.
mb911
QUOTE(Spoke @ Jan 1 2024, 04:24 PM) *

Nice 914. Looks fantastic on that street chassis. Not sure it would fit on an RC10 because the front and rear shock towers are so tall.

Does it have a brushless or brushed motor? I recently got old RC cars going both with older brushed motors. I was surprised at how inexpensive the ESC, radio/receiver, 2S LiPo battery, and charger were. All for less than $100. The ESC was less than $10.

Your right the RC 10 will not receive the body. Staying the the tamiya chassis. Do you have a link of what you bought?
flat4guy
Called my local RC/hobby shop today - they are going to try and order a body for me.
bkrantz
Does it leak oil?
majkos1
QUOTE(bkrantz @ Jan 1 2024, 10:12 PM) *

Does it leak oil?

av-943.gif
914sgofast2
Does Jake Raby make an engine upgrade for that 914?
burton73
Carson is out of the bodies currently. I ordered 2 from Germany 4 months ago and they never made it to my shop from the handoff with the USPO. Even with all the info for the post office they would not refund or find my package. You cannot get them anyplace in the world that I can find. They did email me that they would be getting more in some day. They did have the 914-6 stickers and I got 4 sets. Those came just fine. I got the car kit and controller and tools, and some hop up stuff. The wheels are look like Fuchs and I want to paint it up to match my 6 . I could make up a vacuu-form tool and pull it here at my shop but I am just too lazy at 71

Best Bob B
Click to view attachment
mb911
Bob I don’t think it will fit that chassis.

Ps just a reminder I will have an extra body for sale once I get the one to match my car
burton73
QUOTE(mb911 @ Jan 2 2024, 03:22 PM) *

Bob I don’t think it will fit that chassis.

Ps just a reminder I will have an extra body for sale once I get the one to match my car

There are both 1/10 I can mod if need be.

So you may want to get a sticker set

Best Bob B
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Chris914n6
The M chassis that the Carson body was made for is 1/12 scale I think. It's smaller than the 1/10 scale Touring Car chassis like your Porsche RSR (260mm wheelbase, 190-200mm width)

@burton73 I have an interest in 1/10 scale 914 bodies poke.gif
mb911
M series tamiya so concept 8 is currently what you should buy
Freezin 914
@mb911 If you are selling the current body, I would like to be first in line when that time comes.
infraredcalvin
QUOTE(Freezin 914 @ Jan 2 2024, 08:14 PM) *

@mb911 If you are selling the current body, I would like to be first in line when that time comes.

Crap, put me 2nd in line….
mb911
Will let you guys know.
GBX0073
for a radio I would recommend Jennysrc.com
Have used them twice with no issues.
https://jennysrc.com/products/losi-tenacity...b2ddf&_ss=r
burton73
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Jan 2 2024, 04:36 PM) *

The M chassis that the Carson body was made for is 1/12 scale I think. It's smaller than the 1/10 scale Touring Car chassis like your Porsche RSR (260mm wheelbase, 190-200mm width)

When I bought the two bodies that did not arrive from Germany their ad said 1/10th scale.
I have not tried to fit because I do not have any bodies. The wheels on Bens’s car look like what is in my 1/10 Carrera kit shown. They look like my Fuchs on my 6 so that is the look I am going for.

Best Bob B

mb911
QUOTE(burton73 @ Jan 3 2024, 08:33 AM) *

QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Jan 2 2024, 04:36 PM) *

When I bought the two bodies that did not arrive from Germany their ad said 1/10th scale.
I have not tried to fit because I do not have any bodies. The wheels on Bens’s car look like what is in my 1/10 Carrera kit shown. They look like my Fuchs on my 6 so that is the look I am going for.

Best Bob B

My car is an early M 02 car. Not sure where the wheels came from but they are cool
mb911

I reached to David and he has another body. He will figure out pricing but it will be painted expertly by him and thinking price will be north of $250 but that’s a guess. I am not sure he is member here but he is on FB and pelican
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.