Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No help on the rat board...maybe youse guyz know?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob

This is an 83 euro delivery 911 SC....it had a REAR fog lamp but NO front fogs FROM the factory.....

the rear lamp is GONE...History, Muete, Dead....

I have NEW (to me) vintage FRONT fogs from camp 914.

I wanna use the rear fog switch that's in the dash (above the radio) and I need to know where to hang the hot wire so that the FRONT (new to me) fogs will work on that switch.....without having to tear the dash apart to get to the switch...

The manual (Bentley) has no mention of the REAR fog circuit....the fuse box has a spot (#1) for FRONT fogs but has NO WIRING to the fuse as this car did not have factory FRONT fogs. BOTH Bentley and the fuse box cover ID the fogs as #1 fuse location.....

Any ideas?
SLITS
Jes guessing that it will be SPST switch, so you can use it to break either side of the circuit. You would, most commonly, break the postive side....

hope this didn't help!
ArtechnikA
my understanding is that there is no separate rear foglight switch. just a foglight switch. the rear light, if so equipped, comes on with (is wired to the same circuit as) the fronts.

i don't have any SC wiring diagrams available, but you "should" be able to simply wire from the "out" side (the side that goes cold with the fuse out) of the fuse to front, back, and rear.

or find the wire that runs to the back and use that to trigger a relay for front fogs.
Jeroen
on european cars the rear fog is obligated (you won't pass inspection without a working one)
the fronts are optional and if installed have a seperate switch

if you can't find a diagram online, get a haynes manual
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Aug 20 2005, 04:57 PM)
on european cars the rear fog is obligated (you won't pass inspection without a working one)

interesting - when did that start?

my Euro /6 ('70) had no rear fog and front driving (not fog) lights...
Joe Bob
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Aug 20 2005, 12:57 PM)
the fronts are optional and if installed have a seperate switch

if you can't find a diagram online, get a haynes manual

Because I'm a masochist....I checked anyways...nope, not in Haynes either.....

Soon as I get done with the graphics order I'm gonna get in there with a multimeter and a test light.....

I remember it popping a fuse a few years ago when it was disconnected....maybe if I'm lucky it will pop it again when I pull it out with the engine running and I'll figure it out... dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.