Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anybody running 7R x 15 fuchs with ET47?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim dorociak
Guys I am thinking of having a 6 x 15 fuchs turned into a 7 x 15 ET 47 sometimes called the 7R wheel. 216/60 x 15 for the rear and does it fit without pulling the fender? I assume I have to add a spacer in the rear say 12mm and the rest of the wider wheel goes to the inside???? Anybody run this size and et rears wheel with that size tire?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Jim
mepstein
The 7R puts the additional inch on the trailing arm side, not the fender side. If you have the room on the body side, you’re good.
I’m pretty sure Porsche used 18mm spacers behind the 7R wheels. I don’t think it benefits a 914 but I’m no expert in the fitting.
burton73
QUOTE(jim dorociak @ Jan 8 2024, 12:33 AM) *

Guys I am thinking of having a 6 x 15 fuchs turned into a 7 x 15 ET 47 sometimes called the 7R wheel. 216/60 x 15 for the rear and does it fit without pulling the fender? I assume I have to add a spacer in the rear say 12mm and the rest of the wider wheel goes to the inside???? Anybody run this size and et rears wheel with that size tire?

Jim

Hi Jim,

You can get a repo 7R for around $700. Something for you to think on.

Mark S is putting a pair on his car at PMB Performance. Sell your 15s and the cost of getting the wheels made, it may be a a better deal?

Bob B
Click to view attachment
jim dorociak
QUOTE(burton73 @ Jan 8 2024, 07:21 AM) *

QUOTE(jim dorociak @ Jan 8 2024, 12:33 AM) *

Jim

Hi Jim,

You can get a repo 7R for around $700. Something for you to think on.

Mark S is putting a pair on his car at PMB Performance. Sell your 15s and the cost of getting the wheels made, it may be a a better deal?

Bob B
Click to view attachment

Thanks Bob - do you know if the 7R replica or even the original 7R was based on the deep 6 wheel vs the flat 6 wheel? I do appreciate the input from everyone. Jim
burton73
I think it was like a deep 6 but with the extra 1 in going to the inside. Eric S is the one with the know how on this.

Best Bob B

This is a picture of the rear of the 74 car that had 7s 911 numbers on back. The lip was flat down and may of had a yellow pages Squeezed under the Fender to bump it out.

Click to view attachment
troth
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...3166&st=20#

Here's a link to somebody that has real 7Rs on their car. You can see it's a lot of rubber you can fit in there without rolling the fenders. PMB is selling the maxilite repos now. I would discuss with Eric before cutting up a set of good 6's. I am currently planning for a set of those unless a real set falls into my lap (unlikely).
jim dorociak
You guys are great. I personally like the look of the 15 x 6 flat face fuchs on 914-6 over the 6 x 16 fuchs I ran on my last six. It has to do with the look of the wheel/tire just looking "right". I am trying to run factory size tires and staying at the 25.1" height so fronts will be 185/70 or now it appears more available 195/65. time period rears would have been on 7's running 215/60. Thought was put spacer to move the wheel out towards fender lip and let the rest go on the inside. Now that new real fuchs are available again it is hard to over pay to get a 54 year old wheels worth the cost to buy and then to have restore and in the end they are beat up and tired. Fuchs are forged and all the other replica wheels are cast. There appears to still be a market for both. I have been collecting single 5 x 6 wheels and sometimes after $400 plus just to get a wheel you look closely and they are not great candidates to make a visual great restored fuchs, so I am looking for (1) rough but serviceable 15/6 fuchs to use as a donor inner wheel.

My other thought was a set of EMPI gasser wheels 5.5 x 15 and possibly making rear 6.5 x 15 to use that 215/60 tire either as the primary wheel set of 2nd option to change the look of the car.

Since they are going to get welded anyway I could have them make less than 7" to help fitment and still get a larger rear wheel.

Again thanks to all the replies. Jim
brant
Don’t think you will need any spacers on the back for a 215
The 12mm spacers will give up 12 of the 13mm of offset you gain from a 7R
You don’t want to give up the offset or no sense going to a 7R

I bought once some 5.5 x 14 Fuchs from Lawrence with 215 on 14’s

The 14 was in my opinion the wheel they designed the 914/6 around
It has an offset only 2 mm different than a 7R
And is the only Porsche wheel made with that offset
Laurence ran them on a stock 914/6

They fit
burton73
Jim, @jim dorociak Why don't you get some 6x15 factory Fuchs

Here is a set I have, Close by

Best Bob B

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.