Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil cooler shroud question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Thunderchief
So I see that PMB and Patrick Motorsports have oil cooler shrouds but there's a $200 difference between the two. Why is that? Plus, are there instructions on where and how big to make the cuts for the front opening and the frunk floor? Thanks in advance.
mepstein
Most of them come from the same place. PMS carries some high margins on their products. Some people don’t comparison shop and some people prefer one company over another. Both are run by knowledgeable people.

There are many ways to run oil lines and mount up the pieces. I would search this site and see what people do and then decide on what might be the best method for you. Then you learn the why, not just the how. The other way is to ask the place you purchase the system and follow their guidance.
Thunderchief
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 9 2024, 04:59 PM) *

Most of them come from the same place. PMS carries some high margins on their products. Some people don’t comparison shop and some people prefer one company over another. Both are run by knowledgeable people.

There are many ways to run oil lines and mount up the pieces. I would search this site and see what people do and then decide on what might be the best method for you. Then you learn the why, not just the how. The other way is to ask the place you purchase the system and follow their guidance.

The oil lines and everything are already hooked up. The oil cooler was in front underneath a race bumper so I'm just moving it.
Steve
QUOTE(Thunderchief @ Jan 9 2024, 04:45 PM) *

So I see that PMB and Patrick Motorsports have oil cooler shrouds but there's a $200 difference between the two. Why is that? Plus, are there instructions on where and how big to make the cuts for the front opening and the frunk floor? Thanks in advance.

As far as I know, both get the shroud from Gettydesign. Their website seems to be messed up, so I would call them or email them.
Call (714) 541-8424 / (951) 686-6418. gettydesignllc@gmail.com

It's a two piece shroud, so its pretty obvious where you need to cut. I also used the pbase site for examples.
https://pbase.com/9146gt/oil_cooler_cover_support
Poke around the above. They also show where to cut. I originally bought my shroud from Getty and cut the trunk. Later I welded in a louvered bottom from PMS.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.