Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 Style Wheel Flares for 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Conrad192
For me these are the best looking wheel flares that I have seen on a 914. Someone had suggested that they were transplanted from a 911. Does anyone know who may be manufacturing these in steel?

Click to view attachment
NARP74
From a salvage car? Does someone make these? I would love to see more pics of that car...
live free & drive
Rabbit Flares?

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e7/f8/2c/e7f...dbeabc18a06.jpg

brant
Yes

Made by VW
I’ve seen them on lots of 914 race cars
SirAndy
QUOTE(live free & drive @ Jan 11 2024, 01:48 PM) *

Rabbit Flares?

This 914 has Rabbit flares:
IPB Image IPB Image
Chris914n6
Hand made on that car. The 911 flares fit funny.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
looks like a waste of time to me. With 5.5 fuchs why does it even need a flare? A seven inch wheel will fit all of the way around without any flares
NARP74
The OP might want to go wider and lower... not just duplicate what the car in the photo has.
peteinjp
QUOTE(NARP74 @ Jan 13 2024, 01:06 AM) *

The OP might want to go wider and lower... not just duplicate what the car in the photo has.

And all likelihood the wheels are on that silver car are just for rolling.
tygaboy
I used to be anti anything but GT flares but I have to say, these have really grown on me. I like them. Perhaps not for everyone but I say, "Screw everyone! It's your car."

And from a styling perspective, they look to have a bit larger opening than the 914 fenders. This is likely to make a larger (16 or 17") wheel look more "in-scale" on a 914.
I've been toying with the idea of opening up my GT flares a bit and running 17s.
SirAndy
QUOTE(peteinjp @ Jan 12 2024, 01:51 PM) *

QUOTE(NARP74 @ Jan 13 2024, 01:06 AM) *

And all likelihood the wheels are on that silver car are just for rolling.

Correct, those pictures were taken outside the paint shop, the wheels were just for rolling the car around the shop.
shades.gif
infraredcalvin
Click to view attachment
Bullethead
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 12 2024, 10:46 AM) *

looks like a waste of time to me. With 5.5 fuchs why does it even need a flare? A seven inch wheel will fit all of the way around without any flares

agree.gif This. Flares are like stance... if you like and want, fine. But you can fit big tires into a slab-side teener without issues, and the look is right.
Maltese Falcon
Saw these (fiberglass) flares on a 9146 today at a friend's shop. Quality is pretty good, and the wider wheels/ tires fit well. Must have been an '80s mod
Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
...another view
Click to view attachment
Steve
Beach Boys Racing used to sell 911SC rear steel flairs. I almost went this way before Auto Atlanta sold their GT flairs. The SC flairs look nice from certain angles and other angles it’s like WTH. This was before the 8” 951 rims were available for non flaired cars.Click to view attachment
flat4guy
I've seen the original flares in this post before - very nice looking. I've seen a few different looks with people buying fenders and quarters from various cars then cutting them off to fit - makes for a good look and unique.
Gary
At least one member here is partial to 911SC flares on the rear. Allows 7x16 front / 8x16 rear to support a healthy 3.2L six.

KELTY360
Great color!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
another six butcheredClick to view attachment
thomasotten
I cut these off a car once. They were mostly bondo. biggrin.gif
infraredcalvin
Always liked this car, tried to buy it long ago, pissed off the seller with my lowball offer, he was asking too much at the time though, it had a 2.4 six or something like that… still like it…

Click to view attachment
jaredmcginness
The silver car with rabbit flares looks incredible. I would love to see it completed. Giving me ideas if I get another 914.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.