Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD: 914-6 Heat Exchangers and GT Muffler- New
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Detroit
One brand new/never mounted set of Ben's 914-6 heat exchangers, and a GT muffler with the mounting hardware. The headers have 1 1/2" primaries, and sensor bungs/plugs. It's all beautifully made, for anyone that's not seen this stuff in person. I've just decided to go a slightly different direction assuming I can get most my money back...
$2400.00 for the headers.
$500.00 for the muffler and hardware.
Plus shipping.
Thanks for looking,
Eric

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

nditiz1
I'll take the muffler, sent you a PM
NARP74
@Detroit , question sent, interested.
markhoward
@Detroit PM Sent
rgalla9146
QUOTE(Detroit @ Jan 12 2024, 03:57 PM) *

One brand new/never mounted set of Ben's 914-6 heat exchangers, and a GT muffler with the mounting hardware. The headers have 1 1/2" primaries, and sensor bungs/plugs. It's all beautifully made, for anyone that's not seen this stuff in person. I've just decided to go a slightly different direction assuming I can get most my money back...
$2400.00 for the headers.
$500.00 for the muffler and hardware.
Plus shipping.
Thanks for looking,
Eric

I'll take the heat exchangers
Rory
Great heads up from Mark
Thank you
PM sent
NARP74
I am hoping I am first in line...
BillJ
Damn. I want one of bens center exit mufflers so bad.
Detroit
Thanks for the interest, everyone. The muffler is sold, and the heat exchangers are pending...
mb911
That was a great deal on the heat exchangers. Two mistakes for that product. Should have retailed at $3500 and I should have never contracted out the work once it was proven.

Great buy guys
NARP74
QUOTE(mb911 @ Jan 13 2024, 10:51 AM) *

That was a great deal on the heat exchangers. Two mistakes for that product. Should have retailed at $3500 and I should have never contracted out the work once it was proven.

Great buy guys

I don't know all the details but I feel bad about it. Write a better contract next time, or get a better lawyer. Sad but true these days.
technicalninja
Those look "aerospace" quality to me.

You should start making them again.

Price them at 4k.

They're worth it!

I saw that add just moments after the first reply and THANKED GOD I didn't have a six...

I'd have posted "SOLD, PM sent" had I had one.

Then I'd get to have THE conversation with my wife...

"Don't you have a working exhaust, Honey?"

"But they're Ben's"

"Who is Ben?"

And so forth...

Wish I had your welding skills. beerchug.gif
mepstein
Ben certainly spoiled us with high quality and low price. Luckily he’s still here and hasn’t given up on 914’s.
Cairo94507
Amen. I came close to buying them just to have another set for the wall. beerchug.gif
Superhawk996
Won’t be parting with the set I have!! wub.gif

idea.gif Like the idea of having them on the wall once garage is done while awaiting build of the 2.4l six.

@detroit
aktion035.gif
Moving parts to the 914 community at very reasonable pricing!

Don’t forget to post photos of your project over here from time to time!
Detroit
You guys have Mark Epstein to thank for the deal on the parts. Back when he was selling them I had just purchased some other 916-6 stuff from him, including a factory oil tank. I asked if he might provide a discount if I bought the headers and muffler as a package.
He unnecessarily gave me a deal. It didn't feel right to now make a profit.
I'm the what goes around, comes around type...

Mark, if you read this, I hope you don't mind my telling that story, but I like to give a shout out for the good peops.
mepstein
QUOTE(Detroit @ Jan 14 2024, 03:03 PM) *

You guys have Mark Epstein to thank for the deal on the parts. Back when he was selling them I had just purchased some other 916-6 stuff from him, including a factory oil tank. I asked if he might provide a discount if I bought the headers and muffler as a package.
He unnecessarily gave me a deal. It didn't feel right to now make a profit.
I'm the what goes around, comes around type...

Mark, if you read this, I hope you don't mind my telling that story, but I like to give a shout out for the good peops.

Once I sell something, that’s it. It no longer belongs to me. I either make some profit or get an education.
Case in point.
I sold a 993 trans for $16k. Sold in about 9 minutes.
The guy that bought it from me, sold it to a shop for $18k.
They sold it to a customer for $22k.
I got a $6k education on the value of 993 transmissions biggrin.gif

Any thanks for these headers goes to Ben/MB911. I still have one set and if I had known what would happen to production, I would have bought more.
NARP74
@mepstein Since I didn't get this set, still don't know why, and you want to sell them, let me know.
mepstein
QUOTE(NARP74 @ Jan 14 2024, 06:58 PM) *

@mepstein Since I didn't get this set, still don't know why, and you want to sell them, let me know.

I don’t have any sets for sale. Sorry.
mb911
I sometimes wonder if it would make sense to have these quoted and made over seas. They were a good product. I do have a connection if it makes sense. To make them here is insane now.
Cairo94507
I know your stuff is work of art wall worthy. I tell people to look under my car to see your heat exchangers. Everyone who looks is just blown away. beerchug.gif
NARP74
I'm jelly... congrats to you though!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.