Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Driver side tail lightfor sale?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
chrispovoas
Hi guys... I have a '73 USA car and some "IDIOT" drove into the back of me on a motorbike, smashing my drivers side tail light.

I only need the lens, but of course would buy the whole unit if i had to.

Even though the price for a replacement is only $149 on Auto Atlanta, one brand new lens on the right and 1 old looking one the left side are going to look very odd so would rather have an old one if i can find at a reasonable price.

Let me know if you have one for sale.

Cheers fellas!

Chris
windforfun
Did you try eBay?

beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif
mepstein
I have three left/driver side. Original Hella. Top 2 are very nice but have some light stress cracks in the clear portion of the lens. Bottom one looks almost perfect and I don’t see any cracks or blems. Some very light scuffs from storage when you look close.
Either of the two with the small stress cracks, $50 + 20 ship. Nicer one is $100 + ship. My PayPal and Zelle is my email - Mark@MarkEpstein.net

Edit - If I’m shipping to Australia, it’s whatever the actual cost of shipping is.
technicalninja
Those are fair prices.

I wonder what it costs to ship down under...

Getting stuff out of Australia is often more expensive than the part...

Bunch of apex Miata stuff is built down under and not really available to us here.

@mepstein By the way, the reflection of your chandelier/octopus light set up makes the bottom one look like shit!
mepstein
QUOTE(technicalninja @ Jan 14 2024, 05:12 PM) *

Those are fair prices.

Bunch of apex Miata stuff is built down under and not really available to us here.

@mepstein By the way, the reflection of your chandelier/octopus light set up makes the bottom one look like shit!

lol. That light came with the house and we always meant to change it. The image is terrible, the lens is nice.
Spoke
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 14 2024, 04:30 PM) *

I have three left/driver side. Original Hella. Top 2 are very nice but have some light stress cracks in the clear portion of the lens. Bottom one looks almost perfect and I don’t see any cracks or blems. Some very light scuffs from storage when you look close.
Either of the two with the small stress cracks, $50 + 20 ship. Nicer one is $100 + ship. My PayPal and Zelle is my email - Mark@MarkEpstein.net

Edit - If I’m shipping to Australia, it’s whatever the actual cost of shipping is.

@mepstein

Do you also have a right side? I would like to change to red turnsignals from the amber that I have now. I'm running red LEDs behind amber lenses but would like red lenses. BTW, red LEDs behind amber lenses are still red... beerchug.gif
wonkipop
QUOTE(chrispovoas @ Jan 13 2024, 10:50 PM) *

Hi guys... I have a '73 USA car and some "IDIOT" drove into the back of me on a motorbike, smashing my drivers side tail light.

Even though the price for a replacement is only $149 on Auto Atlanta, one brand new lens on the right and 1 old looking one the left side are going to look very odd so would rather have an old one if i can find at a reasonable price.

Cheers fellas!

Chris

what type?
all red USA lens or red/amber EURO lens?
i'm guessing you are running EURO lens in NZ to be roadworthy like AUS?
fiacra
QUOTE(chrispovoas @ Jan 13 2024, 08:50 PM) *

Cheers fellas!

Chris

Maybe I'm dyslexic but if you have a USA car (left hand drive) and someone broke your driver's side tail light lens, what you need is a LEFT side lens. Your post is a bit confusing, so can you clarify? I think mepstein's prices are fair so I would get it from him, but make sure you are getting the lens for the correct side. I will add that a used Hella lens is going to be much better than a new AA lens from what I've seen. A picture would make it all clear (right vs. left, Euro vs. USA). BTW, some idiot once drove into my 1973 914 and broke the driver's side tail light lens. Unfortunately that idiot was me
mepstein
“Hi guys... I have a '73 USA car “
wonkipop
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 14 2024, 09:27 PM) *

so is mine (a USA Car that is) @mepstein . biggrin.gif
but it don't have no american light set up no more.
these days you can be LHD but lots of other stuff still has to conform.
lights being the big one. dipping headlights to left, lense color, etc etc etc/
not just the color of the lens. its how the lights themselves operate.
pretty much aus = nz in that respect. also = Japan and UK.

i think what our kiwi friend means is the car came from the USA and is not originally a european sourced car. just about all the 914s down here in aus and NZ are from the USA. if i recall right he introduced himself on the website a year or so back when he go0t hold of this car. it had already been in NZ at least 15 or 20 years if i recall his post right.
but could be wrong. to me its likely its running a light set up that would have been modified for NZ regs back 20 years or more ago.

i'm thinking like @fiacra the best thing he can do is post up a photo.
then no one will be guessing? beerchug.gif

ps - i actually have the original USA red lenses from mine.
and i am way closer to him.
i might think about parting with them.
though am kind of sentimental about all the original bits i had to take off and keep them in a box.
but i am thinking he probably has euro lenses - reason i ask the question.
wonkipop
here is his introductory post.
has picture of car.

unfortunately cannot quite see enough of the rear lens.
looks like it might possibly be all red?
have to wait for him to confirm.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=364656&hl=
chrispovoas
QUOTE(windforfun @ Jan 14 2024, 02:37 PM) *

Did you try eBay?

beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif

Nah, rather try here first... Never know what the story is on eBay wink.gif
chrispovoas
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 14 2024, 03:30 PM) *

Hi Mark.. I'm such an idiot! its actually the passengers side im after. We're right hand drive here in NZ and so I got confooozed... Do you have the passenger / right hand side?

Chris
chrispovoas
QUOTE(technicalninja @ Jan 14 2024, 04:12 PM) *

Those are fair prices.

I just got a motorcycle helmet shipped here from the US and was USD$70 postage.. Most things seem to be around USD$50 - 100 these days
chrispovoas
QUOTE(wonkipop @ Jan 14 2024, 05:40 PM) *

QUOTE(chrispovoas @ Jan 13 2024, 10:50 PM) *

Cheers fellas!

Chris

what type?
all red USA lens or red/amber EURO lens?
i'm guessing you are running EURO lens in NZ to be roadworthy like AUS?

Shes an all Re lense, but the mistake i made is that you guys drive on the wrong side, so its actually the right / passenger side i need biggrin.gif

chrispovoas
QUOTE(wonkipop @ Jan 14 2024, 09:47 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 14 2024, 09:27 PM) *

so is mine (a USA Car that is) @mepstein . biggrin.gif
but it don't have no american light set up no more.
these days you can be LHD but lots of other stuff still has to conform.
lights being the big one. dipping headlights to left, lense color, etc etc etc/
not just the color of the lens. its how the lights themselves operate.
pretty much aus = nz in that respect. also = Japan and UK.

i think what our kiwi friend means is the car came from the USA and is not originally a european sourced car. just about all the 914s down here in aus and NZ are from the USA. if i recall right he introduced himself on the website a year or so back when he go0t hold of this car. it had already been in NZ at least 15 or 20 years if i recall his post right.
but could be wrong. to me its likely its running a light set up that would have been modified for NZ regs back 20 years or more ago.

i'm thinking like @fiacra the best thing he can do is post up a photo.
then no one will be guessing? beerchug.gif

ps - i actually have the original USA red lenses from mine.
and i am way closer to him.
i might think about parting with them.
though am kind of sentimental about all the original bits i had to take off and keep them in a box.
but i am thinking he probably has euro lenses - reason i ask the question.

You are spot on!!! All Red lense on an original USA car... but the right hand / passenger side not the left side blink.gif

chrispovoas
QUOTE(fiacra @ Jan 14 2024, 08:58 PM) *

QUOTE(chrispovoas @ Jan 13 2024, 08:50 PM) *

Cheers fellas!

Chris

Maybe I'm dyslexic but if you have a USA car (left hand drive) and someone broke your driver's side tail light lens, what you need is a LEFT side lens. Your post is a bit confusing, so can you clarify? I think Michael's prices are fair so I would get it from him, but make sure you are getting the lens for the correct side. I will add that a used Hella lens is going to be much better than a new AA lens from what I've seen. A picture would make it all clear (right vs. left, Euro vs. USA). BTW, some idiot once drove into my 1973 914 and broke the driver's side tail light lens. Unfortunately that idiot was me

Yes well spotted biggrin.gif Its the whole left hand drive car in a right hand side country thing that threw me... Clarification is the Passenger side i need... Thanks for spotting!
worn
Hi Chris,
It is Warren
See what you think. Not very great...
Click to view attachment
worn

Yes well spotted biggrin.gif Its the whole left hand drive car in a right hand side country thing that threw me... Clarification is the Passenger side i need... Thanks for spotting!
[/quote]

You were specific. And it is the right side or drivers side for you and other subjects of the King... stirthepot.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
we have used left ones on the shelf

QUOTE(chrispovoas @ Jan 13 2024, 09:50 PM) *

Cheers fellas!

Chris

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.