Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD---FS: Front Chrome Bumper Fresh Plating
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
burton73
FS: Front Chrome Bumper
Was on a 1970 car. $800.

This is a super, super nice chrome bumper. It has the factory holes for a license plate that we need here in California. $800. FOB at my Plastic Shop in West Los Angeles

I do not know how much it will cost to ship?

Best Bob B
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
914rrr
QUOTE(burton73 @ Jan 15 2024, 05:18 PM) *

FS: Front Chrome Bumper
Was on a 1970 car. $800.

This is a super, super nice chrome bumper. It has the factory holes for a license plate that we need here in California. $800. FOB at my Plastic Shop in West Los Angeles

I do not know how much it will cost to ship?

Best Bob B
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Beautiful bumper, wished I was closer, GLWTS!

It will cost $$$ to ship, guaranteed.

Cautionary tale that dovetails into another post about properly packed items. I take great pride in (over) packing things, saving refigerator boxes and stryrofoam to custom fit boxes to the items using hot melt glue, tape, strapping tape, etc. to insure (as much as possible) that they arrive in good condition. I sold a decent bumper to an ebay buyer several years ago and shipped it FedEx ground. The buyer refused delivery and I was puzzled why. After I recieved it back, about 2' of the cardboard was "accordian-ed", like a forklift had rammed it into a wall. I was "WTF???!!!" Their response was " item insuficiently packed. too bad!!" I vigorously disputed their response, they still replied "TS". At least my credit card company took my side and refunded my shipping charge.
burton73
@fastnsmooth
@914rrr

Any ideaon shipping costs to 19803.

Thanks, Don

-----Beautiful bumper, wished I was closer, GLWTS!---

It will cost $$$ to ship, guaranteed.

Cautionary tale that dovetails into another post about properly packed items. I take great pride in (over) packing things, saving refigerator boxes and stryrofoam to custom fit boxes to the items using hot melt glue, tape, strapping tape, etc. to insure (as much as possible) that they arrive in good condition. I sold a decent bumper to an ebay buyer several years ago and shipped it FedEx ground. The buyer refused delivery and I was puzzled why. After I recieved it back, about 2' of the cardboard was "accordian-ed", like a forklift had rammed it into a wall. I was "WTF???!!!" Their response was " item insuficiently packed. too bad!!" I vigorously disputed their response, they still replied "TS". At least my credit card company took my side and refunded my shipping charge.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bob B

Well, I pack the shit out of things. If need be a custom box of double wall thickness of Burton Plastic non used masters. Thick clear tape and reinforced strapping tape. Things can still screwed up.
As of right now, I am not going to make a box for it and pack it up because to be truthful, I am really not up to that for the next several days. One of our fine and bumper shiping members may give us a size and weight of what that bumpber may be and we could find out in an easier way for me right now.

Best Bob B

bye1.gif
technicalninja
I can attest to Bob B's packaging!

Bumper would be harder than a steering wheel but still not impossible.

I'd use scrap plywood inside of the box for strength and insure the crap out of it.

The 930S steering wheel was suspended in the center of a strong box with tons of plastic foam around it. I think it would have survived a 50-foot drop!
Woodside914
YHM thanks.

-Ken
burton73
QUOTE(Woodside914 @ Jan 15 2024, 10:16 PM) *

YHM thanks.

-Ken

Woodside914

Hi Bob, I could be interested in this ~ any idea on the cost to ship to SF Bay Area? Or, are you ever up here in the SF area? I guess I should also ask, is there any dings or flaws in this bumper?

Thanks!

Ken McLaren
Woodside, CA 94062

Hi Ken,

I think that it would not be more than $100. I have no idea if I will be up in the SF area. The bumper is a fine as any that I have ever seen. For sure show quality. Look at the reflection on the face. You can read off it like a mirror. If you have seen my PMB Built 914-6, this bumper is that fine.

Best Bob

euro911
Beautiful bumper, Bob drooley.gif

I won't ship large/heavy and long items any more due to the high cost of shipping and the propensity for damage as others have stated.

I'll hold off advertising the freshly show-chromed front & rear bumpers I had set aside for 'HOWARD's restoration until your's sells shades.gif
burton73
Hi Ken,

This front bumper was on a 1970 914-4 I bought and resold. There was a small dent in it, and I had a plater redo it and when it came back it was not 100% so they striped it and redid it for me to this level. I do not think that you will find a better one out there. Its too bad that you are not close buy to look at it in person. My email is. Sent by PM send me your email and I ill take more pictures and send them to you. It is really a nice one.
If you are not happy with it, I will give you your money back.

I have a very solid reputation on 914world

Best Bob Burton
mepstein
Looks like it’s worth every penny.
burton73
@G e o r g e

Bob,

I will Take the Bumper, I can Come to LA during the Day on Thursday if that works

George Henry

-----------------Hi George, ----------------------

You are 1st in line for a Thursday stop over and carry back with you

Ken,

Lets see what happens with George on Thursday. If he does not take it, I will send more pictures and a vid and send to you

Thanks all

Best Bob B
Woodside914
Hi Bob, I was actually ready to buy this based on our PM conversations, but was just waiting for the shipping cost from you, especially since I was first in to inquire. You had mentioned about sending more photos, and I'm good on that too. My day job & meetings just gets in the way from replying as promptly as possible, but I'm still ready to close this deal.

Thanks,
Ken
burton73
QUOTE(Woodside914 @ Jan 16 2024, 04:06 PM) *

Hi Bob, I was actually ready to buy this based on our PM conversations, but was just waiting for the shipping cost from you, especially since I was first in to inquire. You had mentioned about sending more photos, and I'm good on that too. My day job & meetings just gets in the way from replying as promptly as possible, but I'm still ready to close this deal.

Thanks,
Ken

Hi Ken, @Woodside914

As the offers time stamp came in by PM George was 1st to say he wanted to buy it today. Its going to be easiest for me not to have pack and ship. At 71 is hard for me to handle. As I said you are in second place. If you do not get mine, Mark @euro911 has a show set he will sell you. I do not know the details of his deal. You will have to waite till George comes over on Thursday.

Best Bob B
G e o r g e
Bob,

PM where to meet, Lets say around 10am unless you want a different time.

George

QUOTE(burton73 @ Jan 16 2024, 03:19 PM) *

@G e o r g e

Bob,

I will Take the Bumper, I can Come to LA during the Day on Thursday if that works

George Henry

Ken,

Lets see what happens with George on Thursday. If he does not take it, I will send more pictures and a vid and send to you

Thanks all

Best Bob B

burton73
QUOTE(G e o r g e @ Jan 16 2024, 09:32 PM) *

Bob,

PM where to meet, Lets say around 10am unless you want a different time.

George

QUOTE(burton73 @ Jan 16 2024, 03:19 PM) *

@G e o r g e

Bob,

George Henry

Ken,

Thanks all

Best Bob B

George
PM Sent
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.