Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I need a measurement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Krieger
Hey guys! The later pinch bolt style ball joint. How wide is the post that goes into the strut? In metric would be nice. Thank you!
technicalninja
Brand new Lemforder 12088-01 measure 16mm

These are the late style for my 75.
Krieger
Thank you!
Superhawk996
Just to clarify, late style struts use a special wedge bolt.

Early struts use a pinch bolt.

Hope you aren’t just planning to run a standard hex bolt though a late strut instead of the proper wedge bolt.

FYI - the profile ground into the ball joint also changes to accommodate either the wedge (late) or a round pinch bolt (early)

@krieger

Click to view attachment
Krieger
Thanks @Superhawk996 for clarifying my post a little more. I should add wedge bolt style. I wonder if they are the same size anyway?
Superhawk996
QUOTE(Krieger @ Jan 16 2024, 11:30 AM) *

Thanks @Superhawk996 for clarifying my post a little more. I should add wedge bolt style. I wonder if they are the same size anyway?

I would think the ball joint stem that slides up into the strut will be the same OD but I’m not 100% sure.

It sounds like Ninja got you the OD for the late (wedge) ball joint so should be OK. Just wanted to clarify post regarding which style was early vs late.

I assume you were trying to find non-OEM joint or maybe doing something unique for the track car suspension.
friethmiller
Oh, and remember the torque on that nut is only 14 lbs not 40 lbs. Damn Haynes manual!! headbang.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.