Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 encased in ice
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
doug_b_928
Apologies if this has been posted before. A friend forwarded this story from the archives (see attached pdf). Tough to tell that there's a 914 under there; pretty amazing story.

Click to view attachment
SirAndy
huh.gif
Cairo94507
I am guessing that is a 911. beerchug.gif
mate914
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jan 16 2024, 05:36 PM) *

Yep, looks to be a target too.
Matt
Rusty
The 914 was always a winter car...
technicalninja
I once drove a 70 914 around in the snow with 9 people in or on the car, slowly!

Me, my buddy Mack and 7 young nubile females we found while out drifting the car in the slippery conditions...

They hit us with a snowball!

I took them for a ride!

We were "up to our necks" that night...
73-914
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jan 16 2024, 05:36 PM) *

agree.gif
doug_b_928
Initially I was thinking 356 but when I read the article and looked again the side marker light looked like a 914 and then the shape of the windshield... The ice was driving in the wind and piled up that way and so makes the fenders look thicker.
rgalla9146
QUOTE(doug_b_928 @ Jan 16 2024, 11:48 PM) *

Initially I was thinking 356 but when I read the article and looked again the side marker light looked like a 914 and then the shape of the windshield... The ice was driving in the wind and piled up that way and so makes the fenders look thicker.

The shape has been changed by the wind and ice.
The edge of the oval front lens and the round marker can be seen.
Other than that it's all fudge
majkos1
the win was ferocious!

Look how the ice slowly push the antenna over with the wind!

incredible.
barefoot
Yeah, that year I was driving my 914 about every other weekend from Rochester NY to Cleveland O and we got holed up in a motel for a couple days while Interstate 90 was snowed in. Remember it "fondly" sad.gif sad.gif

Barefoot
dr914@autoatlanta.com
IF it is a 914 it is a convertible conversion. Look at the top and the shape of the side window. The shape of where the back of the convertible top fits the side glass reminds me of a boxster, but is CERTAINLY not a boxster, and the door flap looks like a 914 but the fenders, ice or not, look like a 911 yet seems there is a side marker on them. NOT a 356
mrholland2
If you enlarge, you will notice that a few inches of the back of the driver's side window is still covered in ice, giving a false impression of the window shape.

I'm going with 914, especially since the article states that and they talked to the owner.
Beach914
It was also from 1978.....at least that's what the article says.

Makes it more likely a 914.
wonkipop
its a 914.

you can see the door handle.

the shape of the side glass has been caused by the owner wiping snow and ice off.

you can spot the side indicator and marker light.
the front mudguard (fender to you guys) has a ton of thick ice formed on top of it.
ice up to almost half way up the aerial.
if i am not mistaken there is even a bumper tit there inside an ice blob.

Click to view attachment

brings back unpleasant memories of ice storm aftermath i once experienced in chicago.
lived down on the lakeshore at 2400N.
cars encased in balls of ice.
broken trees.
deadly slippery streets and roads.
one thing i don't miss about chicago is the winter. biggrin.gif beerchug.gif
930cabman
Welcome to the Northeast beer.gif
Superhawk996
If only people would spend as much time questioning modern media narratives.
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(930cabman @ Jan 17 2024, 03:55 PM) *

Welcome to the Northeast beer.gif

Yeah, that's kind of the vibe these days....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.