Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Corner Balancing or how to make the car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
john rogers
Well I got finished up with the corner balancing with the really great set of scales I borrowed. The weights at the start were as follows:
Left Side Right Side

655# 318# front

459# 789# rear

After an hour and a half of adjusting and jacking and unjacking the weights ended as follows:
Left Side Right Side

490# 489# front

627# 622# rear

Cross = 1116 or 50.0 %
Left = 1116 or 50.1 %
Rear = 56 %

So I took it for a ride and it turns much smoother both ways so I think it is ready for the CA Speedway.

Crazyhippy
Be sure you are accounting for driver and passneger (if applicable) weights too
john rogers
I did, my wife sat in the car for the whole time with the bag of race gear in her lap. That'll cost me dinner tonight I think.
ChrisFoley
Wow, you started out with a lot of cross weight.
Did you measure the ride height on both sides after making your adjustments? How about toe at both ends?
The car is not light, must be a six.
john rogers
The car sits even in the rear now and 1/8 higher on the right front. I measured the front at the rear torsion bar point where the ride height bolt is. The rear toe is 1/16 in total and front toe is straight ahead. The camber is straight up on the left and 1/32 negative on the right (using my alignment chart from Pelican site). The funny looking camber was what got me started on this in the first place and I think it was because my driveway slopes down from car right to left so it was twisting it. Yes, the car is a six with all steel body, fenders, hoods, etc. So far I have not decided to spend the $$$$$$ to replace the hoods, fenders and doors with fiberglass but I am thinking about it next winter possibly?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.