Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AX, yea or NA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
J P Stein
Our best shot is the Monday after the Historics for the convenience of the attendees. If we can get the Pro pits on that date is problematical....but I ain't gonna try if no one wants to stay over for it.

I don't know if they had an AX at the Historics this year.
Last years really sucked.....hand timing, unsafe, no results...yada.
Comments?
rhodyguy
i'm more competitive when the timer has an arthritic thumb. i think some folks will hang around for it if we can be done early. or they can leave whenever it suits them. just like we did this year. do a poll jp.

k
J P Stein
That was the plan, but I need to hear from our ringmaster first.
VegasRacer
At the 2005 WCC most everybody stayed for the Streets of Willow track day on Monday. In fact we added new people for that day only. I don't know if an Auto-X will have the same attraction.

An even bigger question than "Should we?" is "Can we?".
#1 is insurance. Do we have somebody to sanction an Auto-X for us?
Next is the logistics. Cones, timers, PA, man power, etc, etc.
boxstr
JP what about the historics this year, 2005, the AX was a little better, do you think we should use it on Sunday in 2006. We would probably be able to get the "most cars from one club" award.
I would like to keep Sunday open for the Histroics and get a 914club stable on the infield. It would be convenient for those leaving for home who have to drive to Washigngton and up North, easy access fro I5 south.
Craig
J P Stein
I don't know, Craig, I wasn't there. I brought this up to get your opinion of the 2005 AX. The 2004 was pretty horrible....it was 21 sec long IIRC.....slalom up & slalom down. I hate to foist that off as an AX on my friends.
What was 2005 like?

We may be able to get ORPCA to provide insurance coverage for our own event .....for a stipend. I can look into that along with the infield @PIR. IIRC, infield rental is about 600 bucks.
If we can get 50 AXers @ 25 bucks a head and give the ORPCA
the profit, they'd prolly go for it.

We need a poll to find out how many folks would be interested
in staying over Monday.
(edit)
Do I start a poll, Craig?
boxstr
The vintage event this year was much better, in the fact that it was a lot safer than the previous year. It is not what you want and it may not be what 914 club people want. But I don't have anything else to give. I would like to see the 914s in a corral and also have the owners be able to enjoy the race on the track. This is not going to be Willow, but then it won't carrry over into Monday and it won't be a huge extra cost. Personally I see nothing wrong with the AX at the Historic races.
For those of us who made the long trip south to the WCC 2005 from the Pacific northwest, total 5, I would just as well have been on my way out of town. It is a long drive and it wasn't exactly fun for the guys driving the 914s.
Before we start a poll I think we need to see if it is available first . If we can't get it then a poll won't mean much.
Craig
J P Stein
Craig:
If you say the historics AX is gud enuff, it's gud for me.
rhodyguy
the corral is a VERY good idea craig. i've tried to organise participation at the 7/4 sovren races with little success when it came time to pony up. check out what the cost is overall, if there is an individual fee on per car, and add it to the participation fee for the wcc. who puts on the historic races in pdx?

k
rick 918-S
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Aug 21 2005, 03:02 AM)
At the 2005 WCC most everybody stayed for the Streets of Willow track day on Monday. In fact we added new people for that day only. I don't know if an Auto-X will have the same attraction.

An even bigger question than "Should we?" is "Can we?".
#1 is insurance. Do we have somebody to sanction an Auto-X for us?
Next is the logistics. Cones, timers, PA, man power, etc, etc.

I loved the WCC "04" drive around Mazda race way and Candle Stick. I loved the Willow event in "05"!

914's are all about driving. I was very careful while driving my 914 around the Willow course because of the distance I had to travel to get home. I was very worried about breaking something. But I wouldn't have missed it for the world. If there was any way I could have made the "05" Victory Lane deal at Mazda I would have traveled half way across the country again for the chance to drive around with a bunch of 914's. I vote for an AX, track event, or a closed course thing of some kind. MHO.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a racer, I'm a builder. I build stuff. I'm the worse driver on an AX course you'll ever see. But it's all about the 914 scene and the cool factor!

In "04" we piggy backed on the Porsche Club event and had one of the best AX events ever. If we can piggy back on the historics that would make an easy way to get insurance and have a great time.
J P Stein
AX classes:
*Stock
S1)1.7 & 1.8
S2)2.0L

**Prepared.
P1) under 2.0L
P2) 2.0l to 2.4L
P3) 2.5L to 3.0L
P4) 3.2 & up

*stock means stock but tires are free. Wheels aren't.
**Prepared=everything else
We can go with a mod class if most think it's a good idea.
Mod= everything else + slicks.
Comments?
J P Stein
Since no one seems to have anything to ad, I must be one smart mo fo and this is now locked in stone.

The AX will be from 11:00 AM to 3 PM, Sunday.
Practice may be done the morning before the AX or the day before. After 11:00 AM Sunday, one may do 5 runs. The 3 runs for time must be declared as such by the driver, prior to making them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.