Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Targa seal installation video is up
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iankarr
Hey Guys,

I just posted a video on installing a bunch of seals, including the targa. Hope this helps demystify the process and keep you dry.

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCbuWuLjB3U
76-914
Great video Ian. If the windshield is out, using the zip ties makes the job so much easier. You'll need the tool to tighten the zip ties correctly. I noticed you had a gap in the curved area of the A pillar right around the 8:44 mark. Did you correct that yet? If not try using the zip ties. After 3 failed attempts to snug that seal in the curved area I stumbled upon using zip ties.

Click to view attachment
iankarr
Very cool idea Kent! The curve on my install relaxed after a few weeks and looks good now. I probably should've mentioned that in the video. Also, the characteristics of repo seals aren't quite the same as OEM. The fact that the tab needs to be trimmed is a case in point. I assume that the new seals are slightly stiffer, which also keeps the curve flatter...requiring zip ties or time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.