Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914club NorCal karting session
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nebreitling
hey guys/gals

anyone open for a little kart racing against each other?

http://gokartracer.reachlocal.com

these are not your typical 'concession' karts, should be a good time.

i'm thinking noon-4pm THIS monday Aug 22 ($5 off/per session during this time), so call in sick to work now! RSVP in this thread!

GoKartRacer is in Burlingame (near SFO), right off the 101.
SirAndy
yeah baby! smilie_pokal.gif
nebreitling
so does that mean you're in, andy?

list:

Nathan
Vlad (my GF's bro)
Sir Andy
Trekkor
Grant

Maybe:

McMarc et GF
James
Randal
Jenny and Brian
Britain
who else?
lapuwali
I love to do this. I have to figure out how to get out of work that day. Mondays are bad...
SirAndy
QUOTE (lapuwali @ Aug 20 2005, 05:04 PM)
Mondays are bad...

agree.gif but i think i can make it ...

i have a 1 pm meeting in foster city, so i just have to make that last a bit longer ...
driving.gif Andy
anthony
How about we do this on a Saturday sometime?
Hammy
"SuperTrack (Mondays 12-10pm) - 3/8 mile course with over 20 left and right turns, 2 chicanes and an elevation change. The largest indoor track in the US!"

I believe that's why he's thinking Monday. ohmy.gif

That looks fun cool.gif
Trekkor
I'm in!

I have a short meeting in Orinda in the a.m.

Perfect!

tell us how much it costs...

KT
McMark
My GF and I might be in. I don't understand the pricing. I looked at their web site. What would the average or likely cost for the day or by hour or whatever? I'm not gonna go drop $100 per person. Fill me in. wink.gif
Trekkor
Figure $60-100 per person. Wicked expensive...

KT
SirAndy
QUOTE (trekkor @ Aug 20 2005, 09:04 PM)
Figure $60-100 per person. Wicked expensive...

what? for how long? why?

F1 is muuuuuch cheaper ...
unsure.gif Andy
Trekkor
Hour of seat time at 40 mph 1/2" off the ground.

See ya there! ohmy.gif

KT
nebreitling
looking at seat time per dollar, this is cheaper than AX. (so is time trialing, for that matter). but yeah, figure spending $60-100 depending on how long you want to play. i spend more than that in a day AXing, so this is easily justified to me. plus, these are decent machines.

organizing this on a saturday would be awesome -- i'd love to bring out more people, but i'm out of town starting wednesday for a few weeks and thought i'd get my speed fix in before that... i'm going regardless, just hoping that a few of my 914 friends could make it, too. beerchug.gif
grantsfo
I can make it Monday. Next Saturday wouldnt work for me.
nebreitling
great! this is shaping up nicely
nebreitling
bump!

i'll be there between 12 and 12.30... see you guys there!

n
nebreitling
Awesome time! WAY better than working!

Trek, Grant, Vlad (my gf's bro) and I had a blast. We'll try to organize this on a weekend sometime to get more people out there.

smilie_pokal.gif
Jenny
*jealous* sad.gif

Jen
McMark
Try to get better pricing too. wink.gif I'm a poor bastard.
grantsfo
Indoor Karting! ...the Areobics of competitive driving! My sorry as$ 43 year old 6'4" body and 280 lbs put me at bit of a disadvantage with you guys. Then I had this head sock over my face due to borrowing a helmet, closed face helment and your turning all the time in those blasted things - I was gasping for air after a few laps! Hell, by the end of the sessions I coulndt even get out of my kart I was so tired. My arms are still burning! Damn that was fun!!!! I wish I wasnt so competitive, now I'm thinking ok so I'll do upper body work out and drop more weight, then I'll have a shot at you guys. I was thinking a great work out program would be 45 minutes of indoor karting 4 times a week!

Nathan is just plain fast! I was asleep at the wheel compared to him around that course. Glad you brought somone I could beat with you Nathan! Trekkor was long gone too - he was putting a 1/2 to full second on me every lap. You guys were ripping around that course!

I'm thinking bigger kart track stuff would be better for me and my size. I have always exceled at going real fast into sweepers. I even started to catch you guys the first couple of laps in the sections where I had room to run, but then we'd get into the back and forth stuff and my 280 lbs with 9 hp just were too much, then I started getting tired and it was all over.

I may just go back again this week before I start work.
lapuwali
I always got a serious workout when I was a three-times-a-month junkie at Speedring shortly after they opened. Sore butt, sore back, sore wrists.

Wish I'd been able to escape from work to do this. Burlingame is close to the house, but quite a ways from work. Try any day but a Monday, and I can, um, "work from home" that day.
Trekkor
That was really great.

next time we need to bring ballast laugh.gif

Add 100#'s on Nathan's ride. lol2.gif

What's to stop us? clap.gif

KT
grantsfo
QUOTE (trekkor @ Aug 22 2005, 08:55 PM)
That was really great.

next time we need to bring ballast laugh.gif

Add 100#'s on Nathan's ride. lol2.gif

What's to stop us? clap.gif

KT

I'm going Thursday. I'm truly sadistic. Figure its the last chance I have to be totally irresponsible before I join the working world after a 6 month break!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.