Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Any 924 owners here?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
draganc
Hello folks,

Good news, my son got the old Porsche car bug. Bad news, I’m working now more with him on his car, instead of finishing my 914. It’s all good though, love the quality time!!.

Didn’t realized how spoiled we are with our 914’s support network (parts and knowledge). I found very limited parts support for the 924, particularly for the Turbo/931.

Do we have any 924 owner here on the forum?

PS: I guess this is my way to overcome the fact that “you can’t turbo a 914”.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Dominic
I don't currently own one but I had an 82' 924 Turbo from 1988 - 1993. It was a fun car.

wonkipop
QUOTE(draganc @ Jan 20 2024, 10:02 PM) *

Hello folks,

Good news, my son got the old Porsche car bug. Bad news, I’m working now more with him on his car, instead of finishing my 914. It’s all good though, love the quality time!!.

Didn’t realized how spoiled we are with our 914’s support network (parts and knowledge). I found very limited parts support for the 924, particularly for the Turbo/931.

Do we have any 924 owner here on the forum?

PS: I guess this is my way to overcome the fact that “you can’t turbo a 914”.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

my old girlfriend in western austalia had a 924.
not a turbo.

we once absolutely caned it fron perth up to geraldton in the days when you could go as fast as you could go. it was planted at 105/110 mph for big stretches of aussie outback highway. i was impressed. bog standard 924. yellow
there are none left down here. all been flogged into the ground.
disrespected. the 914 of australia.

---------

great cars.

i'd consider restoring a turbo.
but..........its a harder task than fixing a 914 in northern antarctica.

i just adore the glass rear hatch on any and all 924s.
beerchug.gif
mb911
Elliot @944barn is great source for used 924,932,944,951 parts out of Georgia he is on Facebook groups. Clarks garage is a great information website. We have 2 944 s in my household and always wanted a 931
dstudeba
Very nice. I am just starting bringing a 1981 931 back to life. Gatornapper is a member here who has done it before. The resources I have found are:

924 Org

Pelican Parts forum

I have not joined the UK based 924 Owners Club yet, waiting for recommendations first.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.